Topic: gibson les paul

For christmas I've asked my parents for a white gibson les paul and I was wondering if anyone out there had one and how thay sound. And if any one knows where to find one that is less than $225. Guitars are expensive.

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

Re: gibson les paul

A Gibson Les Paul is a remarkable instrument but will cost a lot more than $225...  Epiphone also makes a Les Paul that would be much closer to that price range...   Try   www.musiciansfriend.com
and do some price comparisons and see the different models...   I see that you are in Oklahoma...guitar center has stores in Oklahoma City and also Tulsa...they usually will have a large selection of Both the Gibson and Epiphone if you can get a chance to go in and check them out...  I hope you get your Christmas wish!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I found one it is $1.50! woo hoo. thanks

Also check out Guitar Center's Used Site. used.guitarcenter.com

You can find some really great used guitars on there

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I need Guitar to Grow Our Rock Life

Yeah I think there's one out in the road that was just ran over by a semi truck. $224.99 as is..............(I jest)

As jaygordon75 said, set your sights on an Epiphone or some other LesPaul Copy. Her a good site for your shopping pleasure;

www.music123.com

Give everything but up.

White isn't a common colour for Les Pauls but they are out there and Epiphone do have them. The classic sound should be twin humbuckers, a real meaty solid rock sound without the ethereal edge Strat single coils have.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

rockerchick,
Is there any particular reason that you want that particular guitar?
Are you out for an electric, or acoustic?
Don't just say"I want this one or that one", go to a music store and give them all a try.
Here's a warning though... If you try electric guitars, then use the same amp on all of them. Sometimes different amps may produce different sounds and you may just pass up a really good guitar cause of a really lousy amp. The same goes for shopping for an amp. Take one guitar and plug it into all the different amps until you find the one that's right for you.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

A genuine Gibson is going to cost more that $225.  The Epis are great, though, and will cost you about that.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

rockerchick wrote:

For christmas I've asked my parents for a white gibson les paul and I was wondering if anyone out there had one and how thay sound. And if any one knows where to find one that is less than $225. Guitars are expensive.

Someone(Rockerchick) a few days ago was looking for a White Les Paul for<$250.00. That just ain't gonna happen but here's something to look at;

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-LP-Jun … 4.Music123

Give everything but up.

I just baught a Les paul premium it has a AAA maple top and is really light weight however I paid $1600.00 for it at Guitar center . I am learning to play old 50's and 60's music with atube amp old country and I hope that I have the right Guitar for it.  Gil

I have looked at all types of guitars but for some reason I love the les paul. It's fliped sweet!