Topic: Motherboard Swap - Data retention?

Greetings,

Due to the recent death of my motherboard (RIP Asus A8n5x), it will be replaced with a Foxconn NF4sk88a-8ekrs mobo. Since I had all of the information under a passworded profile on the main hard drive, will I be able to access the information once the new mobo is installed?

I haven't done a mobo swap in years so I'm hoping that since the new mobo is Nforce4 as well, there shouldn't be any issues with the swap. I seem to recall that was the factor that delineated the reinstallation of windows the last time when My ASUS A8N-SLI board failed. I was able to replace it with the A8n5X board without any issues because they were both NFORCE4 boards and the drivers on the HD were all the same.

Or should I expect to just load up my spare SATA drive with xp and go recover the data from the former main drive from there?

TIA,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: Motherboard Swap - Data retention?

Well, I had to reinstall windows anyway since the PSU took out the hard drive I had in the case.
Had to replace it, the motherboard and the PSU. I decided to pick up a dual-core CPU while I was shopping since I found a good deal.

The new rig runs faster than the old but I'm hurting from the loss of all my save-games and programs I had installed on the old HD....

Ah well,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle