Topic: TO STAY IN CHRISTMASMOOD

I have 2 questions, the first is typical a European: How many different religions are there in the USA and what is a "baptist versus a new born Christian.

What is your favourite CHRISTMAS SONG, I don't believe this was asked before.
My song
- HAPPY NEW YEAR by ABBA

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TO STAY IN CHRISTMASMOOD

Good Morning Doc.
There are hundreds of different religion here in the U.S.
There are main stream religions and then they've got branch offs of those.
There are the Baptists, Southern Baptists, Pentacostles, Catholic, Roman Cathalic, Non-Denominational, Wicans, Satan Worishers, Snake Worshipers, and so on and so fourth. If the is something out there to be worshiped, then just come to America and I'm sure you'll find a religion for it.
We've got religions that allow a man to have as many wives as he wants, we've got religions that reject modernization. I went to one church that would tell it's members that if they didn't go to church/ pay their tithes then they would go to Hell.
My wife told me that when she was a teenager that she went to a church in which its preacher told her that she was going to Hell, my wife had shaved the sides of her head. I went to one church that gave lunches to it's members, well I went to two of the lunches without going to the services and I was told that"If you are only coming here to eat then don't come back"

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

3 (edited by last_rebel 2007-12-05 18:48:44)

Well doc, being a christian myself, I would define a 'new born' christian as anybody of any denomination who has had a personal salvation and relationship with Jesus Christ. Diffferent denominations work for different kinds of people, I've got friends in methodist, presbytyrians, baptists, pentecosts, non denominationals. Each one has thier own specific personality, as do people, so they like to go with one that matches them. I can get along with anbody as long as they don't start making up thier own rules lol The commandments in the Bible are hard enough to live up to without them tacking on extras.... as for religions, its pretty much like eagleye says  if there's something you want to worship come to America. Its the whole 'religious freedom' thing thats stuck so far in our craw. Its got its pros and cons, but hey to each his own.

Oh yeah and my favortie christmas song... its not one you're probly familiar with, but theres an old gospel song called simply 'amen' that we song around christmas. 'See the baby Jesus' then the congregation echoes 'A-a-amen' then 'Lyin' in the manger...' echo 'a-a-amen' and so and so forth. It sounds like a blues song smile

All You Need is Love smile

Favorite Christmas song;  For Auld Lang Syne cos it's new year's day, my birthday tomorrow and no more Christmas for a year!

Bah! Humbug!

Actually The Pogues/Kirsty MacColl Fairytale of New York (saw them do that live TWICE yay!) and for some reason Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses make me stop and listen.

I'm the son of rage and love

My favorite Christmas song is Greg Lakes "I believe in Father Christmas"
As it more or less sums up the modern day values of Christmas.
and it's a great song.

Ark