Topic: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING: PRESENTS "under the bridge"

About X-Mas, the title was to make people more curious.
1 chordian = 1 item (all music related, like a golden record belonging to the beatles)
WHAT, the $$$$$ don't matter, (IT IS SANTA remember) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE.

- A GRETSCH WHITE PENGUIN if possible the old one

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING: PRESENTS "under the bridge"

I've always wanted a paino. Big item need big tree. lol.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

Gibson Doves In Flight.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Badeye Big Boy needs Big Instrument, so Big Tree and Big Piano, or a GUITAR that matches with those trucks, or cars with HUGE TIRES.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

DocPhil,

I would so like this Christmas Day, to have my Mam Dad And Wee Baby Sis.

All Passed over "Greeting me at My Christmas Tree and sharing lunch" That

would be "Oh so Wonderful. Well christmas time is about wishes and dreams.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

That's the real spirit my beloved doll. It is right Lena, isn't it? I am the first to admit that my topic is in fact a VERY about LUXE TOPIC.
But I posted it, because it is a time we can dream loud, and dreams are dreams. It is a time to consider the values in our lives, REFLECTIONS of my life, and you about your life.

Since I am sitting here at home, in 2 days (7th) I will be ALREADY 52, and despite everything, I may consider myself as an happy man. There are lots of things I can't do no more, like going to a concert, and certain where you have to stand right. I miss a lot of things, like no more ski, no ice skating and too much activities I loved.
On the other hand I am real happy.
Happy with all the opportunities I've got, to become a Medical Doctor, despite the fact that in my first year my father died suddenly just before the tests. To be blessed with a fantastic mother, who sacrificed a lot, to give each of us the opportunity to study. I'm blessed having a very good  memory, THAT I could use every day to help others, to use when studying, and so having more than enough time to have a sort of R&R life. Sometimes, it was a curse too, RESTLESS MIND.

I hope that I was a good doc for my patients.
I feel happy to see people and I did every possible thing for my patients. I am happy (and hope these people too) that I could help financially. Also I often (about 50% of all patients) asked a lot less money to people having it difficult, I even wasn't ashamed to give money to some people, like I did a few times, but this I will never forget: giving 200€ to a family with so many debts, they didn't have money for food, electricity shut of, using candles and 4 kids, I never wanted a thank you, and I felt real bad if I didn't help.
If I should mention how much money (= White Penguin, all the $$ together).Yes Doll, there is still a lot, more than you think, poor people, ashamed to go out their doors. I hope I was a good man, despite the bad things. If I should start again, I should probably ACT the same way, maybe not the same profession. That is the spirit of Christmas, analysing your self, happiness making right what was wrong, the value of a family, try to live, even in my condition. I just regret that almost ALL time went to my work and destroying my private life. There is no need for THIS BIG BUSINESS= ALL YOU NEED IS A HEART, WITH LOVE and NO HATE.  THAT IS CHRISTMAS FOR ME. I found HARMONY, STABILITY, only a relation is missing.
But let us dream too. It don't hurt.
I just hope that people will remember me how I was, who I was, I just loved my work. I only wanted the best for "my people"
What I do regret is that my private life was a mess, working 80-90 hours a week, my daughter grew up and will be 20 years at Christmas, and I wasn't there for her. You can't turn back the time. Am I a liar? Am I a bad person? because I didn't give her enough time? After my divorce, she was free to go, in stead of "THE EVERY 2 WEEKS I HAVE TO SEE HER PROBLEM" she and me we had other solutions, I have seen MORE THAN ENOUGH while working.

7 (edited by last_rebel 2007-12-05 18:52:28)

a martin D-35 (thats the 'johnny cash'), OR an original framed Hank Williams 78 signed by the blues man himself, but I'm not sure if those even exist.......
   But what realistically I want this christmas is to get to go back home to Seedtick for a few days and spend some time around the campfire with my friends and kin folks laughing and cutting up and forgetting its supposed to be a formal holiday.

All You Need is Love smile

Doc,
There are many professions out there that have a high divorce rate. Some jobs can distroy a family.
Maybe to cheer you up some, here's a shortened story behind my daughter (Racheal) birth.

The doctor had induced labor on my wife. It was time for Racheal to be born. The doctor and nurses were all in the room. The doctor told a nurse "go get him some gloves, he's going to deliver his daughter." He winked at me, so I thought he was joking. Then the nurse proceeded to tell the doctor, "You can't do that, it's against policy." I'm not sure if the doctor was just joking or he was serious, but when the nurse told him what he was and wasn't alloud to do it just changed everything. The doctor then said' "there's no time for a gown." He pointed at the gloves and told the nurse to get the gloves for me, he then told the nurse that he was the one that was in charge, not the hospital and certainly not the nurses. The nurse put the gloves on me. The doctor told me to hold my hands like I'm praying, I did. He then told me to hold my hands down, I did. He told me to open my hands, I did. " This is how you're going to catch your daughter," he told me. I got into position. I use this as an example; It was like heavan's gates had opened and this little angel flew out. She was crying out to me, "catch me daddy, catch me". I say the baby's head, the head came out, but the baby was stuck at the shoulders. The doctor placed his hands past mine and moved the baby and out she came. She was slipping and slidding and I was screaming and yelling, "help me, someone help me. God don't let me drop her, someone help me." The doctor reached under and lifted up, helping me place my daughter on my wife. He asked me if I wanted to cut the cord. My hands were shaking so bad I was scarred that I would cut my daughter. I told him yes. He placed the scissors in my hands and I cut. The cord wasn't cut all the way through so he repositioned it and this time he had to guide the scissors to complete the cut.

I'm sorry that being a doctor cost you so much.
If in weren't for doctors.
I was the first person to touch my daughter. My face was the first she saw.
My seven year old step-daughter has Cerebal Palsey.
If it weren't for doctors.
My wife was almost killed in a car reck when she was thirteen.

My christmas wish is that you would recieve at least one thank you for a life time of sacrifice. You've sacrificed your life so9 that others would have a life.
So just in case you've never received that thank you.

THANK YOU DOCPHIL!!! THANK YOU for everything you've ever done for anyone. You've sacrificed a lifetime so that others would have a life time. THANK YOU!!!

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

My God Eagleeye,

My heart was going like the clappers reading that piece, I thought you were going to say "You Dropped her! Is it any wonder she sticks to you like glue.

Couldn't agree more. If Professor O Brien  is reading this which i doubt!
Thank you also for your skills in medicine. You done what you said you would,
My body did what you asked of it. I have the bonus of many happy years
with my Lads and family.

I salute you Docphil!  Question! How come i cannot get you on my space?

Dia linn.

well after reading all this, any material that i really want, seems, well, extremely insignifcant to say the least..

My ex and me we still have a great contact. 
I think I would continue working, until my 60 years, and looking it from here, a lot of lawyers, CEO's MEDICAL DOCTORS....you are addicted pretty fast. As I started, I had friends who were addicted to alcohol, I went too TO FEEL THE SAME WHAT THEY FELT. But after 2 years and 9 extra people in the AA they preferred that if I was addicted I could stay, because, logic, those patients start being afraid, that I was following them

Docphil,

Can you do this Old Doll a favour please. Start another thread for material Gifts for christmas. I cannot help feeling i spoiled that thread for everyone.

This was not my intention..

Have a happy pain free day!

Old Doll.

Well Lena, I was in a "PHILOSOPHIC" mood yesterday, not by you. I justed wanted to explain or to tell about the meaning of CHRISTMAS.
I INSIST, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT "MUSICAL INSTRUMENT" YOU WANT UNDER A CHRISTMAS TREE.
I wrote under the bridge (in stead of under the tree), just like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, for really big presents who don't fit under the tree.
All the rest in that big answer I wrote, were reflections of my life.
But A WHITE PENGUIN, from the 50ies, that's "the holy graal" of the guitars. Even more than a Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958-1959-1960, but if Santa has somewhere on his attic these 3 guitars, a give some extra carrots. AND I was a good boy this year.

Thank You Docs,

We had a beautiful piano in our family home. When clearing my parents home i was offered it!

GOMBEEN THAT I AM at times "I REFUSED". for various reasons..

So Santa worker of Magic, Ive changed my mind. Id like this piano back on Christmas Morn please.

Old Doll.

Doll, did you know that I can "hypnotise"? I followed a course, 20 years ago. I was a NON believer, and that changed quit fast in a believer. I used it in practise, BIG PROBLEM: TIME!!!
I had a patient my age, and during a few months, I treated him with hypnosis (I prefer the word relaxation therapy). When the session was over, I tried to demonstrate that it is real, using a technique called post-hypnotic command. It was FUN, FUN, but you are there in function as doc.
It is all about technique, working with suggestions. I will try to explain it one day, but just this: It happens to all of us, every day. Typic example is following a MATCH on TV, or working in the garden. You are so busy, that you don't hear the bell, or coming from your garden, you bleed, and you didn't feel. Some bands did basicly the same, see the Beatles, see Mick Jagger. From the very moment, you start to see a concert, it is all that matters, another word is maybe CHARISMATIC. So if someone is interessed, open a topic, and shoot Quanswers. (combination of Question and  Answers). It's easier to remember.
A chordian quanswered a topic smile smile

I would like world peace under my tree cool

I'm the son of rage and love

oh hey you know what a Les Paul Goddes in that cool white finish would be cool... theyre sposed to be designed especially for female players smile
  Oh okay a quanswer.... speaking of bleeding and not noticing it, how come when you cut yourself it never hurts till you look at it?
  I think maybe we just get scared when we see blood? Idk maybe doc phil knows...

All You Need is Love smile

I would like to be in the position where I would be able to make other's dreams come true. I am such a fortunate and blessed man because whatever state of mind or health I am in I am always love by my GOD! He is alway faithful to me no matter how unfaithful I am to him. I have the greatest gift of all HIS Love. He gave HIS only begotten SON to the cross for me what a beautiful gift have I received!

Blessings to all,
Bootlegger.

Ok bootleger your wish is granted... my wish is for one of your cool guitars under my tree, maybe a les paul?  Cheers!

I'm the son of rage and love

i used to have an old magnatone amp the kind that lonnie mack used on his instrumental recording of "memphis" it was stolen in sanfrancisco along with a vintage telecaster and some nice effects boxes.wish i had them under my tree

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell, did you play in a band, you are a fascinating man. Married, Kids??, and what do you play?

Santa: please a Fender Strat from the first year to 1965 (I asked too much, but I will be a good boy, promess

Hey, Doc, did you get the email I sent about the guitar collection? Lot of Gibsons. Not many strats.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hm, let me see, ah yes; I've had a life long yen to own a twin necked guitar, just like the guy in Supertramp. That would be so cool for me.

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.

just sitting here reading all the responses.  As my wife and i have less then some but more then many, I consider mystelf a lucky man. I have a bueatiful daughter that just gave me another healthy grandson and a wonderful wife that is in remission. (round two)   Two guitars that stay intune and a full tank of propane.  It's four below outside.  I'm have to go with bonedaddy on this one.  world peace under my tree.

peace to all.  rndthefire