Topic: Busking?

I have been playing guitar for about 2 years and have never busked. I was wondering how many songs I might need to know and if 2 years is not enought time to have been playing to start busking?

Re: Busking?

only you can say just open your case,prime it with some loose change and a few low denomination bills and see what happens

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I seen a guy in Glasgow busking with the same 4 songs.
Most people dont notice as they do not hang around enough to hear.
After he does 4 songs he takes abreak, that makes any lingerers go away.

I only know this coz I heard him play "yesterday" and " wish you were here" twice within the hour. I walked back down the street and stopped again, after he played wish you were here and stopped I asked him why. He said he only knew 4 songs that he thought he was good enough to do. and told me the rest about how no one really notices.

I am thinking if you done this every week in the same place people would notice, But I thin kit is ok if you get away with it. Normally people just chuck money in the case without even listening, others are usually "paying" for one song

KEn

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hat of, it takes "or a bit insanity, in that way you DON'T CARE about what other people think, or having IRON nerves, again because you don't care what other people say.
Especially if you can perform so little.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Carefully survey the area that you decide to play. Study the ages of the people that frequent your desired area. Chose your songs based on what is going to  have the widest appeal to the widest demographic(age group). It is wise to have tunes from multiple eras( 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and current) because one never knows what a fat-wad-of-money-holdin'-person is gonna want to hear. Diversity=$$$ in busking...............

Give everything but up.

If you're willing to walk around enough, you'll only need one.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I've never busked in my life but I do like to entertain the elderly folk. I have 300 + songs and I just pick out a few of the more well known songs to sing to them and they love it.

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.

It must be fine to be able to do this
ONE QUESTION, DO YOU HAVE TO DECLARE OR ASK PERMISSION TO BUSK THIS, BECAUSE A TAXMAN CAN BE A REAL PAIN IN A BODY PART? SMELLING MONEY

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I plan on busking this summer.  I'm not asking anyone for permission.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

gitaardocphil wrote:

It must be fine to be able to do this
ONE QUESTION, DO YOU HAVE TO DECLARE OR ASK PERMISSION TO BUSK THIS, BECAUSE A TAXMAN CAN BE A REAL PAIN IN A BODY PART? SMELLING MONEY

I don't think you can get permission to busk. It's sort of semi-illegal, in that it's not legal but no one does anything about it. You see you need permission to play the songs, but if you get it you won't earn enough for it to be worth it.