Topic: guiatr string..

I played someones guitar once and they had elixir strings on it and i found them soo muc easier to use for a beginner like me. It was easier to push them down.. when i looked up the strings there are like nanoweba nd polyweb and light and medium.. can someone suggest which ones i should get b/c i dont know which type of elixir's they were? thank you

Re: guiatr string..

hi

I have no idea what elixir strings are but what might have made the difference was the gauge of the strings.

I use extra light gauge strings as I find them very easy to hold down and I like the sound better.

But if you dont like the sound of light gauge or extra light or even medium gauge string, stick with the heavier ones. Your fingers will soon youghen up to be little pads at the tips and you will find it just as easy to hold a chord. But if you dont play for a week or two after they have toughened right up, you will find the pain coming back again

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: guiatr string..

The nano web & the poly web are coatings on the elixer brand strings. The coatings were designed to prolong string life (keep them clean from oils and sweat from your hands). Elixers are good strings but they are expensive(semi expensive they range from $10.00 to $15.00 on sale). There are two ways to keep your fingers from hurting, practice until you build up callouses or switch to nylon strings. I have a guitar by my chair and pick it up through out the day even if for five minutes of struming. This keeps my callouses in playing shape.  Good luck and the pain will go away.