Topic: Seagull acoustics

Anyone have opinions on seagull acoustic guitars?  looking at an S6, but would like to hear opinions on Seagulls in general.

thanks

Re: Seagull acoustics

I love my seagull guitar.  It is one of their high end models (almost exactly like their pepino signature model but without his name on it).  Not to mention their cases are amazingly rugged!

Re: Seagull acoustics

I have 2 Seagulls, one 6 string "Artist" series, cutaway model, (their top end line) and another 12 string Seagull. I spent a lot of time and must have played about 15 + guitars side by side, slowly eliminating them one by one for feel and sound.

I've had both the 6 for about 7 yrs now and the 12 for about 5 yrs and they sound better than ever, stay in tune, attenuation was just checked and all is bang on! My guitars (8 total) spend most of their time on stands, not in cases, including the acoustics. They look great (Still get compliments) and sound fantastic.

I was recently looking at picking up another top end acoustic (Gibson, Taylor etc.) and liked the Larrive but it was much more expensive than the Seagull and not any better than mine.

I also recently found out that Seagulls are very well recognized internationally and are quite expensive outside of Canada, especially on the other side of the big pond.