Re: the funeral classics

bonedaddy wrote:

Topdown - I'm sure everyone reading that post would join in sending their condolences.  If they could spell it!  In the midst of life...

Cheers

Bonedaddy,I'm glad you posted this cuz thats exactly why I hadn't said it yet....
   Anyway on a more serious note, my very sincere condoleces.  hae a cousin who's vey close, like a brother, who was born with spinebifeda and later got a brain tumor. He should have been dead a long time ago so nobody knows how long he has, we do know his kidneys are starting to shut down and the MRI's on the tumor didn't look good this time.
  Can't tell you the hours and hours I've spent in a hospital room.... he too loves music, actually really likes metallica too, but his all time favorite is Hank Williams Jr. They wanted to get him an autograph for his 18th year (a miracle in itself), so his mom wrote him a letter explaining thier situation and how they couldn't afford to pay for one, but it would mean the world if they could get an autograph. When he got it in the mail I thought he was pass out he was so excited, "To Paul Jr from Hank JR"....He told me a few weeks ago that he didn't have long, so I answered with the usual 'aw come on man thats what they said 4 years ago.." and he said something Ive never heard him say before 'Yeah but I'm tired"...
   Anyway I write all this to say that in a way (probably not to the same extent) understand how you must feel. Even though its sad that he passed away, you have to make peace with that fact at some point before it ever happens, and appreciate the amazing life they were allowed to live. I've had more fun with Paul than anybody in my whole life, and learned alot from him too. So I say to you, my sincerest condolences.....
LR

All You Need is Love smile

yea I second Tears in Heaven

I really want Another One Bites The Dust (Queen)!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Just like Last Rebel said - "Go rest high on that mountain" is getting extremely popular in our part of the world.

As for the song Amazing Grace, have ya'll heard it played to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun? That's how we play it.

Nela

Topdown, I'm sorry to hear that.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Thanks SG - just last night I was strumming the heck out of Nothing Else Matters. I never was a big Metallica fan, but I found it quite therapeutic. It felt good, Chris would be proud of his old man!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!