Topic: Something different: USA = FRANCE

The title sais it all, once upon a time in America (pt.3), the USA was almost a FRENCH speaking country.
I posted this topic:
- to prove what an impact history can have on our present. Imagine that in some countries like here, Belgium, thy like to stop reaching history!! It is an awful thought, not because I really ADORE history, but as they say, history repeats itself.
- To "ask" or to "mention" that it is very obvious to understand the influence of this situation on MUSIC, and MUSIC STYLES.
If you see the US map of today, compare it to what it was a couple of hundred years ago: 13 British States, on the East coast.
- There was: The Louisiana Purchase encompassed portions of 15 current U.S. states and 2 Canadian provinces. The land purchased contained all of present-day Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, parts of Minnesota that were south of the Mississippi River, most of North Dakota, nearly all of South Dakota, north-eastern New Mexico, northern Texas, the portions of Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado east of the Continental Divide, and Louisiana on both sides of the Mississippi River, including the city of New Orleans
- CAN you imagine this?
ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACT: SPANISH STATES
- Because of the Mexican-American War (1846–1848), nearly half of Mexico’s territory was lost to the United States, including parts of the modern states of Texas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming, and the whole of California, Nevada, and Utah. Florida was also SPANISH.
This is maybe surprise, or maybe not. But blend it all together, and you have the USA today, with indeed some MUSIC STYLES UNIQUE for your country, specific for your country. This mixed with Irish, Scottish, English and German explains maybe the diversity of MUSIC in the USA. Still hard to believe what happened, but for me: very interesting.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Something different: USA = FRANCE

Hey Doc! Like my little saying below says: War never decides who is right only who is left. Imagine if all those colonial wars had a different result....the Irish musical Riverdance is a great illustration of how the music from different parts of the world are often intertwined in their origins and influences. I'm in New Zealand which was settled by Polynesians, discovered by the Dutch, claimed by the English, and now a smorgasbord of everything else. We are what our history has given us, including our music

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

well put

"Growing old is not for sissies"

When asked why Mexico has such poverty, President Fox replied, "A hundred years ago your country took the half of our country that had roads." 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

TwangTown, I didn't have the time to greet you.
WAR?
- a horrible event, with what REASON?
- Isn't it disgusting wars about religion. Like the crusades, the Spanish in South America, officially "to baptise the people like AZTEKS" and to take all the gold, used for 2 reasons, THEIR WALLET, and building churches, cathedrals. THE INQUISITION, someone accused you, like a jealous family member, and there you go: torture (THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST HISTORICAL EVENTS, with an inspiration-source beyond everything). Take a woman, accused to be a witch, they put her in bag, and if she drowned, she was innocent, and if she was able to swim t the surface, she was guilty. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF. And the worst people are always "extremists"
It gets worse: civil war, back in that era, boys living in the south, and going to study on Harvard, could end up in fighting against his own family. This really frightens me, see the CHILD SOLDIERS in Africa, killing their parents to be accepted.
IRAQ: the people even the soldiers are "meat". Why not organising a "cage fight" between those who are resposible, like a fight between G.W Bush and SADDAM (+), and the winner takes it all.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]