Topic: IMPORTANT: YOUTUBE a source of information

- I repeat: a source of information.
- To find what you are looking for, a lot of the results depend on how you write the phrase or question.
- MY EXPERIENCE:
- 90% results, while searching. Ex: if you search Martin versus Taylor, you will not only find a result, but it gives you the opportunity to dig deeper and deeper.
Like: you look for "GIBSON", you will have a lot of results, like what kind of Gibson, you will see an acoustic and/or an electric. You see on the right side a lot of other videos, and by digging deeper, there are even songs played by a player, showing you HOW to play that song. Everytime I'm on youtube I discover more and more. So why IMPORTANT:
- You will almost find in 90% what you are looking for.
- You want to buy a guitar, let's say Martin or Taylor, if you dig deep enough you will be able to hear the difference between those guitars, often 3 acoustics.
- Hearing this guitars, gives you an IDEA about the sound. Comparing them: In the high $$ class, you will notice that the difference is smaller than thought, EXCEPT for some Taylors, caused by the cutaway. Those models use often the same fine woods, and I really don't have an idea where the DIFFERENCE comes in the picture, same top, same back, same sides, even same neck.
IT IS ALL TO INFORM YOU WHAT A TREASURE YOUTUBE IS

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: IMPORTANT: YOUTUBE a source of information

Doc

I use Youtube alot not just for purchasing gear, etc but for seeing how some others play a certain song ... sometimes I'll go with a tab and something doesn't sound right ... so I'll do a search on Youtube and find out if it's right or wrong ... consider it a "Quality Control" item smile

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Re: IMPORTANT: YOUTUBE a source of information

All tabs are right.  You just might prefer to play the song a different right way. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude