Topic: Major upgrade coming soon - New artist pages

I have just finished what I call "the advanced artist pages", and the beta-testing has now started.

Despite the cryptic name - this feature will revolutionize the way you all use Chordie.

Depending how the beta-testing goes, it could take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before this is introduced to everybody.

I do however need beta-tester. No computer experience needed. You just need to give me feedback about what you think: Grammatical/spelling errors, error messages you are receiving, things that are difficult to understand etc. Reply to this message, or send an email to admin@chordie.com, and I will instantly give you access.

Re: Major upgrade coming soon - New artist pages

Hi, Per

count me in, I'm intrigued!

Bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

When it comes to computers I'm quite illiterate, so anything that could help is going to be welcomed.

Lets give it a go.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

if i can help im avalable 7 days a week i am expermental by nature

"Growing old is not for sissies"

sign me up.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

i typed in the password and hit the enter key on my keyboard the password must have entered it was gone the page was still there did i do it right?

admin wrote:

I have just finished what I call "the advanced artist pages", and the beta-testing has now started.

Despite the cryptic name - this feature will revolutionize the way you all use Chordie.

Depending how the beta-testing goes, it could take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before this is introduced to everybody.

I do however need beta-tester. No computer experience needed. You just need to give me feedback about what you think: Grammatical/spelling errors, error messages you are receiving, things that are difficult to understand etc. Reply to this message, or send an email to admin@chordie.com, and I will instantly give you access.

Ok, here comes the feedback!

been to the Stereophonics artist page and logged in ok, graphics are all nice, very comprehensive.  Some of the songs don't appear to have been found by chordie as they have slight differences in spelling or have extra bits in the title such as (live acoustic) for example.

I 'added' a couple of songs by going to the external website (ultimate guitar.com) copying and pasting the link to the relevant box on the editor page.  I did get a message to say that i had submitted a link with an error but after my pc crashed (fatally),  I formatted and set my pc back up and now the link appears active.

All in all, it seems fairly easy to figure out and looks great!  The track/album lists are extremely comprehensive (maybe a little too comprehensive!) but look forward to seeing more pages like it!

Cheers,

Bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

Sounds good to me ... count me in!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Russell_Harding wrote:

i typed in the password and hit the enter key on my keyboard the password must have entered it was gone the page was still there did i do it right?

I think so. If you are able to proceed, everything is OK.

bonedaddy wrote:

Ok, here comes the feedback!

been to the Stereophonics artist page and logged in ok, graphics are all nice, very comprehensive.  Some of the songs don't appear to have been found by chordie as they have slight differences in spelling or have extra bits in the title such as (live acoustic) for example.

I 'added' a couple of songs by going to the external website (ultimate guitar.com) copying and pasting the link to the relevant box on the editor page.  I did get a message to say that i had submitted a link with an error but after my pc crashed (fatally),  I formatted and set my pc back up and now the link appears active.

All in all, it seems fairly easy to figure out and looks great!  The track/album lists are extremely comprehensive (maybe a little too comprehensive!) but look forward to seeing more pages like it!

Cheers,

Bonedaddy

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, it does not find all the songs - and there needs to be some manual editing.

Chordie cant handle all external songs. It is always safest to add songs that are already indexed by Chordie.

Note that you can "hide" albums. No reason to list a "Japanese version" or three albums in a collection etc. I leave it to the editors to hide irrelevant albums (albums with no recognized songs will be automatically hidden)

At the moment you cant rename albums and songs. I might add that later if it is required.

When you are satisfied with the Stereophonics page, give me a hint. Ill look through it, and we might publish it so that others can see what this is about.

admin wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I think so. If you are able to proceed, everything is OK.

there was nothing to procede to it was just the same page minus the code i typed in

Have you tried entering the password once more?

Were you logged in when doing this?

I'll help! smile

tongue:P:P:P:P

im not sur if i was logged in,i am now i'll give it another shot

admin wrote:

Have you tried entering the password once more?

Were you logged in when doing this?

Sign me up Per - I'll do what I can and am happy to help.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

i was logged in i typed in the password including the " at the begining and"at the end and hit the enter key nothing happened the password disipeared and i was on the same page so i entered the password again same result i wont give the password in this post please email me I must be missing something  russell

Type the password without the "".

Some pages are not working today
seekers ..I'll never find another you page won't open
others too!

regards Recitman

Per,
Whatever I can do to help I'll do. Let me know.

SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

What pages are not working? Please post url.

everything worked

admin wrote:

Type the password without the "".

Count me in, I'll do my best.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

count me in - not to sure about editing stuff etc .... but able to tell if something is working or not as have no problems on my pc so far with chordie .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Thanks to all that has volunteered. I now have enough people to test this.

So far the beta-testing is going great. No major setbacks. If everything goes fine, we should be able to show people what this is all about in 2-3 days. Shortly after I will also open up for other editors.

I'm a PHP developer and can lend a hand in anything you may need. I'd like to help Chordie out as much as it's helped me out.