Topic: Looking for Ukulele arrangements

Hi out there. I'm new to chordie.com but I just have to tell you, it has really helped me with my catalog AND I am new to the UKE but I love it.

If you have ever played jazz chords on a guitar, well you know what a pain it is but the soprano C tuning is perfect for jazz. I just discovered this by chance. I wanted a different kind of instrument for my act and I bought a uke on impulse thinking I could just do some funny tunes and get a laugh.

I really am a jazz singer although I do just about anything, but when I found the uke, I was doin' Billy Holiday and Sarah Vaughn in no time. The most dastardly chords just ring! Let me tell you, it just upped my duo's voltage a couple of notches.

By the way, my duo 'The Jewel Thieves' is getting pretty hot down here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. My boyfriend plays an upright bass, both of us sing - and me on the uke allows him to do some trombone and pan flute jamming. We got gigs up the yen-yang. Do some Lyle Lovett, Patsy Cline, Billie H - love those old jazz standards.

I'm interested in locating good uke jazz arrangements if you got any and I will share whatever I come up with.

UKES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I got an Ovation Uke that really has a great sound. I high recommend this little jewel.

More later

Her Vikiness