Topic: Chordie@wikipedia

There is no article about Chordie in Wikipedia. Shouldn't it be?

Anybody wanting to write an article and submit it to Wikipedia?

Re: Chordie@wikipedia

That's a great idea! The only problem is alot of the time when you submit things like Chordie to Wikipedia they delete it because to them it seems like you are just advertising. sad

I'm a musician; I can [color=blue]Handel[/color] it!

I tried to create one, and if we all have accounts on WIKI, we could all add to it and the admins there would know how important it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chordie

cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Thanks for trying to add Chordie, but it seems like Wikipedia has deleted Chordie three times already ("non significant web site"). I can not add this myself, but if any of the users wants to, here are some facts that might convince the Wikipedia admins of its significance:

Chordie has about 170.000 registered members
Chordie is built as a search engine, and formats lyrics/chords "on the fly".
Chordie has been online since 25-Oct-2002
While most chord/tab-sites just present tabs/chords in plain text, Chordie is based on the chopro-format, and formats the songs
Chordie was the first site to introduce graphical chord grids
Chordie was the first site allowing you to transpose the song
Chordie was the first site to allow you to change the instrument (Uke, banjo etc)

Any other ideas?

it has a great forum for help
it has a section for other intruments other than guitar
it gives you chords for guitar, uke, banjo,mandolin

I tried to do this wikkipedia thing too, but  i could not even register on it.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I use Wikipedia all the time, but have never submitted any material.  Just the other day, I searched for 'chordie' and was surprised there was no article.

Just checked Wikipedia's deletion log and this what is there:

03:17, 1 May 2008 Versageek (Talk | contribs) deleted "Chordie" ‎ (A7 (bio): Real person; doesn't indicate importance/significance)
21:25, 1 April 2008 DJ Clayworth (Talk | contribs) deleted "Chordie" ‎ (A7 (web): Web content; doesn't indicate importance/significance)
12:56, 6 April 2007 NawlinWiki (Talk | contribs) deleted "Chordie" ‎ (a7 nonnotable website)

Perhaps these editors are not musicians.  Perhaps these editors are being overly critical.  However, I believe there should be a chordie article in Wikipedia.  Chordie may not be most significant thing in the world, but it is an innovative, popular, growing, and very well-designed site.

I shall think about it and look into this - - - maybe some of us can collaborate on a draft and then submit.  A well-written article that addresses the editors' concerns should be possible.

Anybody who wants to help with this idea, please say so in this thread.   James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I have been reading up on the whole Wikipedia universe and now realize that it is a complex and fascinating community unto itself.  Their articles regarding "What Wikipedia Is Not" and other bits are quite informative.

I'm going to pursue this notion - I think a properly-written (objective and informative) piece would be acceptable to Wikipedia's editing community.

Perhaps an article that focuses on the entire on-line music tabs phenomenon would be the route to take?

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]