Topic: autoharp players

i love my os-15b. any other players?

Re: autoharp players

i have one somewhere, used to play on it some way back when.... its pretty fun.

All You Need is Love smile

Hi voltazmiq & welcome to chordie!

So glad to meet another autoharper . . .
I love my  OS110FT 21-chord - twangs real sweet and I love to sing with it.

For me, it is a perfect songwriting tool.
Please check out my "Songs for Human and Autoharp" page:
http://www.myspace.com/r200james

There are always 6 original songs there and I put up a new one each week.
Chordie is a great resource - and the forum has many fine individuals participating.

Look forward to getting to know you better,
James McCormick

p.s.
Hey last_rebel, get that sweet little twanger box out of the closet, tune it up (easier said than done!), and give it some love!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

nice site! you play very well, and you have an excellent voice!

I've played an Oscar Schmidt Model #73, for the last 25 years. (It was made in 1952 and is simliar to the one that was played by June Carter-Cash). I also have an Oscar Schmidt Model OS-11-21.  Unfortunately, I put the autoharp down for a while and went back to playing a 12-string acoustic/electric guitar (mostly Irish music).  This guitar just happens to be an Oscar Schmidt OG 312 CEB by Washburn... nice sound.  I guess it's time to get back to the autoharp!

Hello justaguitar & welcome to chordie!

Those OS73's are lovely. Drag those old things out and give 'em some love!

Glad to have you here at chordie. Lots of nice people from all around the planet. This is good internet.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I know its an old posting, but I only just joined. I picked up an autoharp three months back and I love it. Put together with this site and Im cooking on gas.
Clangsi

A year of playing Autoharp and it just gets better. Anyone else out there playing?

Gove Scrivenor is a guitar/vocalist who plays autoharp professionally and well. He has two C.D.'s out with some autoharp cuts. He was encouraged to pursue autoharp By momma Maybelle Carter the famous mother-in-law of Johnny Cash.
The boy can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRBLbO8GO1o

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hi, I've not seen much autoharp activity here in a while.  The Autoharp is alive and well and is actually growing world round.  We have a small but healthy and growing contingent in Australia.  A very strong group in UK, Japan, and a few scattered around other countries in Europe.  Put autoharp in Google and you will find quite a few websites, Cyberpluckers is a good group for finding out what is happening around.

We had a good jam yesterday near Portland, OR with two people coming down from Washington.  We are planning a big jam in Portland on Nov. 12 and hope to interest lots of people.  Autoharpers never turn away other instruments, singers or anyone else interested in sharing music.   Look around and you will find 'harpers and jams out there.

I have met Gove a couple of times and he is indeed a excellent musician and 'harper.  There is a lot of really good autoharp on youtube, take a look sometime.

Hi - I am learning to  play autoharp and LOVE IT!!!  This site gives me the music I love too, and I am not bound by the music in my teaching books.  Thank you.  I, too, would love to hear from some other autoharp players.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello! I just registered on here. Are there still 'harp players around here?
Haven't played in 30+ years,  but I've started up again after (literally) stumbling over one (an OS21C) in a junk store. Missing 2 strings, but otherwise in fantastic shape.
I'd love to hear from other players!

Hi Autoharpy -  I have been playing for @ 2 years and LOVE IT,  Planning to attend Seattle Autoharp Week In September.  Check it out - just google Seattle Autoharp Week.  I have all of the instructors, and although they all play different styles of music, they all sound soooooo great!  I can't wait!  What kind of music do you like to play?
Terry in Canada

14 (edited by AutoHarpy 2015-08-03 14:08:08)

Hi! So glad to hear from you!
The only time I'm near Seattle is when I'm heading to Kamloops or Whitehorse, but that sounds like fun.
What part of Canada are you from? I actually live in north Idaho.  I drive truck on my company's Canada fleet.
You should see the odd looks I get from other truckers at the truckstops when I practice! smile
I like to play the old-time bluegrass music. Love Maybelle Carter!
Eda

I've got one.  I keep it tuned, but I don't play it.  Only so much time in the day to learn instruments.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi! nice to see some activity here!  This site a wonderful resource, have so enjoyed being able to find chords for so many many great tunes!  My instrument is labeled Chromaharp and I lucked into it through my Dad who decided he didn't want to try to learn, he plays guitar and we have had terrific sessions, me not knowing much of anything about music, except it moves me, LOL

hello and welcome MUSICSPEAKS. i see you've waited a long time to make your first post. now that you've broken your duck, please come and join us more often.

i'm sorry i'm like your dad and know nothing about autoharps, but i hope you enjoy learning and playing yours.

phill

i would also like to welcome all the other first timers too...

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Oh, Man- I would LOVE to have me an autoharp, and would LOVE to learn to play it.

I absolutely adore their sound and they have such a great look and if anyone is getting rid of one or if anyone knows anyone getting rid of one or anyone (or anyone that that anyone might know) is even THINKING of getting rid of one please let me know mmmk???

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Hi all!
I have an Oscar Schmidt 15-chord. I played many, many years ago, but just recently picked it back up again. Not quite like riding a bicycle!
Glad to meet all of you...

Heidi Roberts
Fort Atkinson WI

Welcome to the forum Heidi. smile

I love the sound of an autoharp. I did own one until I had burglars who cleaned me out, hopefully I will get one again.

Welcome Heidi, nice to meet you too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

22 (edited by dino48 2015-09-25 00:11:24)

I hate too look dumb but I amnot sure what an autoharp is I am thiking it is that thing ta John Sabastion played in the sixties. (The Loving Spoonfull)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

A multi stringed instrument with buttons to press to play chords, They have a rather unique sound:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoharp

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger it is the same kind of insterment john played.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman