Topic: Ukulele Experiment.......

I was think about purchasing a cheap baritone ukulele, and then placing classical guitar strings on it to make an "over-sized" soprano/concert uke.

Suggestions are welcome.

Re: Ukulele Experiment.......

go for it!!!

nothing wrong with experimenting. if it doesnt work out then just put uke strings back on
My father in law experiments a lot, he has put mandolin strings on banjos and some other strings on other things, lol. I am not too sure what he has exactly done but he plays about and does stuff like this.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

ZaXoR878 wrote:

I was think about purchasing a cheap baritone ukulele, and then placing classical guitar strings on it to make an "over-sized" soprano/concert uke.

Suggestions are welcome.

I get excited when I read about or hear of musicians experimenting. Musical snobs who are afraid to 'color outside of the lines' irritate me to no ends. Many people tend to forget that music is an art, not a science, and individual interpretation is a beautiful thing. I think your idea is a very good one. As Ken said, hang on to the old strings just in case....Let us know how it goes.

Give everything but up.

You don't have to buy classical guitar strings for youre baritone ukulele. Hilo makes GCEA strings to fit a baritone ukulele. Go to e-bay.

whaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!
Thats awesome thanks for the info.