Topic: BOSS BR 600 & KORG PANDORA PX5D

Dear RUSS do you have already experience with the KORG PANDORA PX5D? The successor of the KORG PANDORA PX4D?
I ordered one but the stock was gone, so somewhere in September I will get my korg.

HERE SOME SPECS CONCERNING THIS DEVICE, not much bigger than a package of cigarettes.
A compact processor for guitar and bass with a built-in USB computer audio interface.
200 multi-effect programs, “REMS† modeling technology. 180 variations of classic and cutting-edge guitar amps, bass amps, cabinets, classic and new effects. 744 rhythm and bass patterns.
Phrase Trainer function (maximum 80 seconds) is a great way to learn music by ear or to practice improvisation. "WHAT IS A PHRASE TRAINER IN FACT?". An Ableton Live Lite 6 Korg Edition† recording software is bundled with PX5D.
I know my PX4D the fantastic compagnon for those who play alone at house, and being disabled it is very light and allows me to sit in my seat playing with my korg and an amp brand LANEY (in factfor bass) Got it for free. 30W = more than enough at home.

The other item is a BOSS BR 600 with USB connection AND a Compact Flash card. Until today I can't place a song on my PC. Plugging my CF card in my PC, I always get BRO files and I can't use them at all, such a great device and yet NO RESULTS. How can I put music on my PC from BOSS to PC?
PLEASE HELP ME

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: BOSS BR 600 & KORG PANDORA PX5D

lieven is this what your getting?
http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=PX4d  A phase trainer allows repeated playback of a designated area on the recording (to memorize a lead solo or chord change) and you dont need a flash player to connect your br-600 to your pc there is a video in my audacity series that deals specifically with connection to your computer without a flash card when you have time download the connection segment its easier then you think smile The link is at the bottom of this post and if you cant find it I will send it to you via usendit they will notifie you by email a file is waiting to download but I suggest downloading all the audacity tutorials and if your still experiencing problems send me a round trip ticket and I will plug in the chord for you lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

To answer your question NO, this is what I will have soon
http://www.korg.co.uk/products/effects/ … x_px5d.asp

The link you give is for the Korg Pandora PX4D which I have already. The PX5D has a lot more possibilities and I really hope to put finally some songs on my PC. Concerning my BOSS I have a laptop, and I will use it for recording songs. I bought that laptop in 2006, because I had surgery to be better, the surgery itself was 100% perfect, (my left foot is completely immobile) and since that moment my back is going worse month by month. I even have a wheelchair now.
A STORY I DON'T LIKE TO TELL, BUT IT IS A RELIEVE:
The purpose of the surgery in 2005 is because I'm born in 1955, and I wanted to do something.
= BEING A MEDICAL DOC ON A CRUISE BOAT. Every single person told me "they will never accept you knowing what you have" except me of course. I have a strong character and a fighters mentality, so I wrote my CV and I even had an appointment with the guy responsible for recruiting the medical staff. ON Valentine's day 2006, he accepted me and my child dream was always "to be a captain on a ship." I was accepted on 14/02 I was the 5th officer in rank and he told that for an MD it was love boat. Every doc lasted not longer than 3-5 years before marrying an American woman (GUESS WHO). I had an appointment on the embassy, he send me books, "emergency medicine" I bought a laptop, a brandnew and expensive cell phone with a 2mp camera, to find out finally that they contacted my treating doctors, who told them some more than I did. BYE BYE CRUISE and THE WORST PERIOD IN MY LIFE. Very good salary, high ranked officer (captain & senior officer") the only officer who was on deck a lot of time, a cabin with a flatscreen of 42 inch and WOMEN of course. Problem: you see at least 5 heart attacks a year in the middle of the ocean, the "adrenaline" allows you to sit on your knees and do everything it takes: intubation, heart massage, defibrillator, and if that person dies, they have to be with 3 to help me to stand up, my leg is paralysed and I should walk like a drunk =  complaint = Miami PD = jail = bailing out = not leaving Miami. And EVERYTHING ON SUCH A BOAT HAS TO BE PERFECT, 1 spot on your uniform = change uniform. THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED IN MY LIFE knowwing that you were the best candidate the last 20 years, to see forfill your CHILD DREAM and finally NOT. Thiss was far the worst period in my life.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Doc to answer your question: no I have no experience with a pxd5 smile

Well Russell, sorry for my long personal story, it wasn't meant to be written here, but it's horrible to loose your child's dream.
1) About the KORG PX5D http://www.korg.co.uk/products/effects/ … x_px5d.asp
You get a CD with ABLETON LITE and of course I can't get AGAIN a decent song on my PC.
I have it since 10 days and WOW! this PX5D has it all. Plug in your guitar, a set of headphones (or an amp) and there you go, from jazz, blues, metal, chorus, weird sounds like bubbles or a "talking" guitar with an entire rhythm section. It is the best item I have, better than floorboards. BUT AGAIN IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT THAT SONG ON MY PC.
2) About the BOSS BR 600 = same problem, but I have the impression that I get closer to record a song.
MY PROBLEM IS = I HATE MANUALS, I am too impatient to read all the steps (200 pages). What I don't get is this: YOU HAVE A COMPACT FLASH CARD and I was convinced that once I recorded a song on that CF card, my song would be on my PC by putting the CF card in my PC.
The answer is NO, so MY QUESTION = is there a simple way to record your song on that CF card and being able to listen to that song immediately.
WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE RUSSELL HOW TO PLAY MY SONG ON MY PC?

Lieven regarding your personal story everybody go's through there own personal hell and each one of us deals with it in our own way, some are able to let go and move on some are not but if it helps you to deal with this reality of the day to day struggle by venting your frustrations I can understand that, its better to let it out then conceal it and I pray some day you will find peace and discover the joy there is in living despite the hardships and pain because some are not as fortunate. Now with that out of the way smile this pandora sounds like a combination of a drum machine and your boss effects patches I would like to have one myself but alas my horse(car) has eaten up all my spare savings by choosing last week to die lol it would be merciful if I could just shoot it and put it out of its misery (and mine) but I need the transportation so any new purchases will have to wait because I had to shell out everything I had and get a loan from the bank to fix it but maybe there's one at the music store I can try out and then i will know more about it,regarding your last and most important problem: Getting your songs from your recorder to your computer! download the 1st and 2ND Audacity files from my mediafire site the link is at the bottom these videos will show you step by step how to connect your boss recorder to your computer without useing a flash card,this flash card is your problem! so bypass it and go direct to your computer from your boss BR- 600 useing the left and right "out" in the back of your recorder plug in a "Y" adapter chord you can buy one for less then $5.00 at any store that sells electronic equipment this chord has 2 RCA jacks on one end and a single 1/8 inch stereo plug on the other the two rca plugs go into your left and right "out" on your boss br-600 the single plug go's into your "microphone" input on the back of your computer you will need to download the Audacity program from sourceforge.net and another program called "lame"this program allows audacity to convert your songs to mp3's and then you can upload them to wherever you want,both of these are free programs the "lame"program can be obtained by just typing in "lame download" in your address bar and it comes in a zipped folder so if you don't have a unzipper on your computer you can get one free by typing in "winzip" but first download the audacity video tutorials and I think the new audacity 1.3.5 already has a lame program in it but all the tutorials I have on audacity are the older version of audacity but the hookup is the same if you still have problems connecting your recorder to your computer let me know because both Doug and Randy(riddler) and Scott(fatstrings)can answer anything I have missed and they are all equally qualified to help get you up and running so get going! smile

Thanks for your "pep talk" I appreciate this, but it ain't easy to use these devices, because I HATE manuals, "AM I THE ONLY MANUAL HATER?"
That "Y" adapter is this the one with an USB side on one end and 2 colored kind of "jacks" at the other side? I think I have these things.
The frontside of my PC has 2 jack-inputs that I use(d) for my skype mic.
I almost don't use skype because you get so many "indecent proposals" for S**, so I can use these 2 to connect my BOSS or my PX5D? I have a few programs like AUDACITY, ABLETON and on a CD I have BAND-IN-A-BOX. Thank you so much RUSSELL (the wizard of recording.)

Hey Doc smile
I picked up the Pandora PX5D(On your advise smile ) and it is quite the unit.Thanks for turning me on to it. As for manuals I personally hate them but they can be a blessing when your stuck(for me quite often).
I have played around with recording using it but haven't actually recorded anything yet. Plan to soon.Its real easy using Audacity.Let me know if you have a problem and hopefully I can help you solve it.
Have you looked into downloading googletalk? Its a great program where you can actually talk to anyone in the world for free. smile I have used it to talk to Russell and Roger They helped to set me up to record.It beats the heck out of typing and waiting for a response. lol

As for your personal history....As Russell says ,we all got our own demons and its good to talk about them so don't worry smile we all got big shoulders.

Kap54 (Kenny)

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Lieven,

Do not plug into your USB port as configuration may be a problem. Use a jack plug into the microphone or line-input port of your soundcard.

The two phono plugs go to your BOSS BR 600.

This link takes you to picture of the lead you will need: http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr381.html

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger, thanks for putting the link in (a picture is better then a 1000 words) and confirming my instructions russ
Kenny,good to see you are recording and composing more (fun aint it) russ
Lieven,the chord pictured in the link Roger provided IS the chord you will need to hook up from your Boss-br600 left and right "OUT" to your MICROPHONE INPUT on the back of your computer all you need then is to get the AUDACITY program on your computer and download the AUDACITY TUTORIALS from my mediafire link at the bottom of this post and it you decide to download "GOOGLE TALK" and put in the email addresses and request these people to join you on "Google talk" as Kap said you can talk to them in real time and get step by step instructions live as you hook up your recorder to your computer so there will be no mistakes and remember to download the tutorials they can explain how to use the Audacity program and finely get your songs from your recorder as mp3's to upload so we all can hear them so its up to you now Lieven.Russell