Topic: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE GUITAR CHORDS?

In fact:
1) what are the chords you love very much
2) what are your favorite chords "switching"

One of my all time favorite chords is G, followed by D (because in that little D you can create great sounds by changing a finger, like D, D7, Dm)
My favorite switching is going from C to E7, and from E7 to Am back to C.

SO WHAT'S YOURS?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE GUITAR CHORDS?

Anything that doesn,t buzz..lol

G to Em, C to Am or C to G7 works for me.

Nela

I tend to like a lot of the 7th chords, E7,A7, D7, B7.  They have a bluesy sound.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I like all of them, no favorites I tend to stick with chords that are in my vocal range for composing but on instrumentals anything go's there are no restrictions ive even experimented with a G demolished augmented 13th lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

i love the minor chords.... Am being my favourite... i like the kinda 'sad' sound that it has.

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Minor chords will do that to you evoke emotions, major chords have the opposite effect and the combination of both sell records smile

Radchael1975 wrote:

i love the minor chords.... Am being my favourite... i like the kinda 'sad' sound that it has.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm partial to # minor and minor 7ths but love them all...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

D-A-G.  Three chords and the truth, baby!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Gsus4, Csus4, Dsus4.  Beautiful.  I also love playing D, hammer on pulloff on the e string (F#-G-F#-D) to Dsus4.

e  3  3  3    2  2h3p2
B  3  3  3    3             3
G  0  0  2    2
D  0  2  0    0 
A  2  3  x
E  3  x  x

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

I dug this up from an earlier thread on the same topic. Cmaj7 is still my best bang for the buck chord.

In my mind (at least presently) the Cmaj7 x32000 delivers the most bang for the buck. Such a simple chord, yet it seems to say so much. If it is present in a song - nothing else can substitute it is absolutely unique and identifiable. I love the melancholy tone - I just don't think any other chord delivers so much and it has such a simple fingering to boot. (OK maybe I've had 1 too many to be in love with a chord).

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6666

It might be interesting to visit the old thread and see if some users have changed their opinion.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

ab11 any F or b chord.[only joking]. I like the e7 b7 dm a7chords as I can do a lot of blues finger picking with them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I love sustained chords for acoustic; primarily Asus and Dsus ... I'm also partial to 2-note Powerchords (thinner sounding) as opposed to 3-note Powerchords (fuller sounding)

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

I love tuning the 1st E string to D and playing ordinary chord shapes C,G,Am,D they produce some wonderful changes and the harmonics produced at the 12th fret are simply divine!

Learning to play guitar is hard, giving up is near impossible!

Indeed I see great answers.
I often use minor chords because you find a lot of melancholy in it, also the 7th chord like A7, B7, E7 and this = BLUES or ROCK.
I don't use often POWER CHORDS, but playing some "heavier stuff" they are useful..

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

this is the best chord ever B-)

d-0
a-0
g-7
d-9
a-9
d-0

Ed Boyd taught it to me yikes

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

17 (edited by Headcase 2008-10-03 19:22:53)

Hey, Just noticed this post, the answer is simple, any chord I can Play?

Although I must admit I love songs with minnor chords in them, like : Em Am Dm Gm, also some seventh chords like : A7 D7  E7 ?

There you go.

Luck and Health to all!!!

Try this one out by the fantastically named Vic Flick , its a Em [maj9]  in tab form from low E 0,10,9,8,7 let it ring out and tell me what film it`s from, trust me you`ll love it

You can`t wind me up , I`m electric.

G C G D its sexual

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!

I am also partial to minor chords, especially the Am.  It has such an eerie type of ring.

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.

Purlnekless wrote:

Try this one out by the fantastically named Vic Flick , its a Em [maj9]  in tab form from low E 0,10,9,8,7 let it ring out and tell me what film it`s from, trust me you`ll love it

Hmmm, Psycho?

That's either you for the chord or my guess for the film - you choose!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

try this Bm/A7/D also Bm followed by F#m another combo I like is open G follwed by Bm  then a repeat phrasing of G Bm C.

G D Dsus4 D Dsus4 D Cadd9 C/G Dsus2 G

Ooooh yeah!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

bonedaddy wrote:

G D Dsus4 D Dsus4 D Cadd9 C/G Dsus2 G

Ooooh yeah!

cool

Ooooooh yeah! Always good together. Like good company and good whisky.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Strum G Em A7 then a quick C D and back to G . Thats the one.

Badeye... cool

one caper after another