Topic: old guitars just hanging round

one caper after another

Re: old guitars just hanging round

hey how is everyone? got any old guitars hanging around that never get played? i"ve got an old hohner 12 string that i bought at a flea market for just 10 dollars canadian,also a 1938 mandolin made in Czechoslovakia.and an old simmpsons sears campfire guitar that i found at a landfill while dumping brush.its got a picture of three guitsr players and an old dog at a campfire on it. it works but just sit in a corner.to all chordies have a great day   badeye.

one caper after another

<font color="blue">I've got a Peavey Nitro from the 80's and a Regal Acoustic Resonator out in my shop...some day I'm going to do something with them...</font>

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

With exception of the last two guitars I built, one I refurbished, and the sg body that my brother inlaw gave me every thing I have is over 20 years old.

hey bootleger thats cool. how mant guitars do you have? i find that whenever i see a band live or on tv i try to figure out what make of guitar they drive {play} its real interesting to me.i will collect more thats for sure.have a good one   badeye.

one caper after another

Fourteen and a banjo (yes a banjo they gave it to me). currently building a strat type (swamp ash body) with a hard tail bridge and Fender texas special pick ups on a pearloid pick guard.  I just mixed two bottles of dye today blue & black. I will lay down the black dye first then sand it back so just the wood grain is heavy (black) and then go over with the blue dye to fill in the back ground. After its dry I will seal it(if you dont use a grain filler the wood soaks finish like a sponge) and start to do a oil rub finish. The heavy grain pops when it has a different color dye bed (back ground). I am also working on an sg type guitar, I don't know if I am going to use some epiphone LP pickups I kept from a repair as part of the paymemt (installed a EMG Zak Wylde set of pick ups) or go with a set of GFS pick ups.

Bootlegger.

Bootlegger guitars.

I

I have a hagstrom swede from the early 70s...I think the guy from Sly and the Family Stone played the same model...