Re: where is everybody from?

diver1 wrote:

Toronto Canada, playing about 10 months.  Chordie has been a great help with my lessons and taken me from"doing chord exercises" to playing music.  This is a fantastic website that my children now browse since they have started taking lessons as well.

Thanks for chipping in, diver1, and welcome to Chordie.  You'll find a wealth of information and lots of interesting dialogue in many places throughout the forums.  Stick around and enjoy.  Everyone is very happy to share their knowledge and experience - and now it's A Family Outing, too!

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <

South East of Ireland.  Been playing for almost 4 years.

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Well, after all the Irish Jigs and stuff tunes I'v been practicing in my group lessons, it's ironic that a big chunk of people posting on this thread are from the "Emerald Isle."  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I'm from Quartz Hill Ca.  That is the very Northern tip of Los Angeles Co. In the high desert.

hey all.coming from bristol tn,the birthplace of country music.being wanting to play bluegrass for a couple years now.im getting there slowly but surely. great site. thanks for all the help.

Patrick, 18, playing for 4 years.  I'm over in Fort Worth, Texas.

My guitars: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony and Ibanez AE40 TEL acoustic.
My equipment: Peavey 100w combo (198?) and an ancient (1970's?) Crate 100w combo. A PODxt.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada.
I've been playing guitar for a couple of months now
and loving it!

"Open up your box of sunshine and smile as confetti comes raining down on you."

Welcome to the club!  Enjoy and cheers!  I love this place!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

18 from cornwall/england played since was 8

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!

Hi All ,
     Jerry , from Detroit Lakes , Minnesota , U S A ....
Fifty four years old , been playing guitar for forty four of them , fiddle for eight .. Love them both dearly , but can never learn enough , L O L ......
    Hey Jim Busch , did'nt know that I had another Chordie so close , L O L .... You ever get up this way ??
              Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Well, fellow CW freaks (you ARE CW freaks, aren't ya?) I am in the land of fruits and nuts, sunny Southern California, just a hop, skip and a looooong jump outside of Lon Angeles.  San Bernardino, the last song named in the song "Get Your Kicks On Route 66", and the home of fast food founders, McDonald Brothers, who help start the fast food EMPIRE!

CW Boomer said it!
Working to become a Brain Surgeon or a Rocket Scientist, I forget which...

Baltimore Md USA here...been playing for a long time. I have and old Kay acoustic i bought used back in the  early 70's. also a black and white Strat, i love it and a Simon & Patrick spruce 6 string that i found in the trash, awesome sound

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I used to own a Gretsch Super 400 and a 1939 Martin D-28, the latter in absolutely perfect shape.  Sold it on eBay a few years back.

CW Boomer said it!
Working to become a Brain Surgeon or a Rocket Scientist, I forget which...

Hi Guys,
Up till a few months ago I lived in New Zealand but now in Samoa.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Well Look at you Sir!

Hiding in the Samoas! Well for ya! I suooose you'll tell me now the suns splitting the rocks ?

God ya must have made a killing on the Geegees!  Now your able to retire lol

Good to hear from you again  Sir.

Be Happy.

Is Clarey with ya ? lol

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

zapata texas is where i live but was born in healdton oklahoma.

YeeHaw! the Lunaticcowgirl writes again!

I wasn't born in Louisiana but I got here as soon as I could.
To who ever is responsible for Chordie's, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

deadstring wrote:

I wasn't born in Louisiana but I got here as soon as I could.
To who ever is responsible for Chordie's, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

LOL, I have a sign in my living room that says almost the same thing, "I wasn't born in Maine, but, I got here as fast as I could."

As for CHordie's. I didn't start here, but, I got here as soon as I could!   <grin>