Topic: My Edits Not Being Displayed

I have April Wine's Just Between You and Me in my songbook.  I went in and edited the song and saved the edits.  I clicked the "Update Display" button and the changes show up.  I then go back to my songbook and then into the song and the changes are not there.  So I go back to my songbook and then back in to edit the song again and the changes I made are there.  I have edited songs before and have had no problems saving the changes in the past.  What's going on?

Thanks
Stephen

Re: My Edits Not Being Displayed

I'll have to second StephenP's problem too.  I have read up on how to edit songs but when I try to select improve this song it wont let me click on it.  Is there something wrong with the program?  My edited song only show's up when I have clicked 'edit', but not after and I select the song itself.  I have tried it with all my songs in my songbook, but to no avail.  Can anyone help?

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.

I have tried editting songs and they all seem to change ok.
Instead of clicking preview update try clicking on SAVE. this will save your changes.

However I have found I cannot change songs in my own songbook. I had to remove it from my own songbook then change it then save it again.

I am sure I did manage to change songs in my own songbook before.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read you could only edit songs in your own songbook after joining and enabling a personal songbook.

OK I will correct you. You are wrong lol

Seriously, if you look at the bottom right of any song there is the tag there to 'correct the song'. Once you have corrected a song there will be a message at the bottom right saying that you have corrected it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have tried various things with my songbook and here is what I found.  I can edit the song.  As long as I go back into edit, I can view my edited song.  If I just click on the song link the old song is still there uncorrected.  If I select view songbook.  My edited version is there.  So I guess there's an issue with viewing your edited song by just clicking on it.  FWIW.

I hate it when I'm wrong, Roger.  Now you know I'm human. LOL

being wrong to prove you are human is good sometimes.lol

There must be a problem wit hpersonal songbooks then.
I can only edit songs that are in the main site. I cannot edit any of my songs in my songbooks.
I cannot even see an otion in my songbook to edit/change the song.

Ken

Ken,

In my Songbooks, at the right of each song title there is edit, I click on that to edit the songs in mine.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

:LOL: :LOL:

HOW SILLY DO i FEEL?

of course it is Roger, lol.
I knew this before and no idea why I forgot. I was looking for an edit just like in a song that is not in my songbook. But yes, I have tried editting one of the songs in my songbook and it works fine.

Ken