Topic: what is nvolved in"setting up" an electric guitar

Re: what is nvolved in"setting up" an electric guitar

It all depends, typically it consist of a neck adjustment if needed, string& saddle height adjustment, set the intonation, pickup height ajustment, changing strings and oiling the finger board. In my case I also clean & polish the guitar. This runs from $ 45.00 to $100.00 american.

Bootlegger.

Bootlegger guitars.

Thanks, sounds like that's somethin I better not try myself.

first time out,definateley let a tech do it.

<font color="blue">I agree with satman and bootleger...spend 35-100 dollars and have a tech do it for you the first time. Make sure he explains what he's done and that it works for you. ie: a slide player might want a higher action than a metal shredder. Then you'll have a reference point from now on. You can go the to the Fender website (www.fender.com)follow the support links and find some excellent info on how to do it yourself...Most guitars are a variation of Strats/Tellys/and Les Pauls...and the set up technique is similar. I still think that a tech is the best route for first time...he or she can determine if set up is all the guitar needs, or possibly a repair problem too! Also the different neck radius,Fret wire, bridge types, nuts, string gauges, all become factors...</font>

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.