Topic: Fretlight guitars

I was browsing the other day and found the website of the fret-light guitar, a teaching tool that seems to combine good software with a guitar that lights an LED at each fret and string position to give you a cheat on TAB. As I am very visualy oriented, and don't do too well with just reading music or TABs, this SEEMS ideal.

I am also a bit cynical when it comes to the investment of a few hundred of my dollars...

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

2 (edited by Kahuna 2007-06-22 17:06:45)

Re: Fretlight guitars

I've seen this product as well.  And, I'm a bit half-hearted about it.  My old school mindset tells me that it's always better to learn from playing and memorizing.  But, on the other hand, having a tool like this product would help enhance my learning.  In the end, I shied away from it, because I think the tool would make me conform to it.  Thus, losing my creativity and attitude. 

I still think there is no substitute for a good instructor.

Re: Fretlight guitars

I am hoping for some more input on this myself. I saw this on the web and have seen a few videos of it. It looks really cool and I think it would work for me but I would like to hear from some people who have actually tried it before I plonk down 500 bucks for another guitar.

Anybody tried this?