Topic: Songs with A D E

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for any and all songs with just the chords of A D and E . I thought this might help lots of people that are just learning, as these are easy chords in progression, or if anyone has a group of other chords in an easy progression. I really feel this would be of so much help to people just starting out. Thanks so much for any input!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Songs with A D E

"Shake it up,baby"
"La Bamba"

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Luie luie or is it looeee loowi lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

A-D-E . . . is a 1-4-5 blues progression.  There are thousands of songs that follow a 1-4-5 progression and can be transposed to A-D-E. 

A couple of easy ones:  "Old Time Rock and Roll",  "Mercedes Benz",  "Margaritaville",  "Kansas City",  "Johnny Be Good", and etc. etc.   And yes . . . "Louie, Louie" fits the bill also . . .

My teacher taught me a bluegrass style of "House of the Rising Sun" that is A, D, E with one G thrown in.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:

My teacher taught me a bluegrass style of "House of the Rising Sun" that is A, D, E with one G thrown in.

I'd like to see that..!   The version i play has B7..& B.. ! Which i find difficult!  smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Radchael1975 wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

I'd like to see that..!   The version i play has B7..& B.. ! Which i find difficult!  smile

I'll put up the chord progression in a bit.  Just wanted to respond before I forgot.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

8 (edited by ozymandias 2008-12-02 12:59:36)

ozymandias wrote:
Radchael1975 wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

I'll put up the chord progression in a bit.  Just wanted to respond before I forgot.

Ok, this is what I have for Chord Progression, it's Appalachia/Blue grass style.

AADD
AGEE
AADD
AEAA

This is the same for each stanza.   I have done it mostly strum style, but, it sounds pretty good with a finger picking chord style as well.

Yeah, I find the B chords difficult as well, which is why I work with my teacher on so many Beatles Songs since they have a lot of B chords in them.

Anyway, try that chord sequence out and let me know what you think.  I haven't done "House of the Risng Sun" this style in months.  But, it fell into place for me pretty fast once I started to tinker.    So tinker with it, play with it.

Enjoy

I think this works also smile  |Am C D F| Am C E E | Am C D F | Am E Am E |

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

I think this works also smile  |Am C D F| Am C E E | Am C D F | Am E Am E |

Yes, I have that as well.  It's the first way I learned to play that tune.  It's a good one for finger picking chords.  Plus it helped me to handle the F chord transition to and from better.

Great....!  Thanks ozy, and Russell.. i'll give them both a try.. smile   (but i'll also keep practicing that 'B' as welll.! tongue )

Rachael xx

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

12 (edited by ozymandias 2008-12-02 13:04:07)

In my "Old time String band" group class, we have mandolin and violin players (and even an occasional accordion player).  And we do a lot of Irish and Acadian tunes (coastal Canada region) and Scottish tunes that do a lot of ADE.

"Stir it up" - Bob Marley

All A, D, E

Electric:  Schecter C-1, Hot-rodded strat
Acoustic: Ovation Celebrity Deluxe, Epiphone

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

Hmm,,,, A D E

Wild Thing
Me ANd Julio Down By The School Yard
And Harry Belefonte's   Jamaica Farwell