Topic: CHORDIE MEMBERS MUSICAL NETWORK

This will be used by members seeking other members who are willing to help each other and it is open only to members of chordie,there is no charge for anything only a willingness to volunteer a little of your spare time to add a part to someones song it could be lyrics or guitar both lead and rhythm. Your skill level is not important some of the requests may come from a writer who cannot play an instrument or read music and only has words, there are many members of chordie who fall in this catagory or it could be someone who has recorded or written a musical arrangement and is unable to compose lyrics if you can contribute your talent to help remember what go's around comes around kind of like good karma (we need all we can get) so any questions you have fire away! russell smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: CHORDIE MEMBERS MUSICAL NETWORK

Hi Russell & Everybody!

I have been perusing the new topics in this Recording Section of Chordie... and see all these new topics.  So I assume that the intent is to compile a roster or index of interested Chordians and directory of assets for collaberation?  Not a bad idea at all Russell!

Up until now most of the recording and processing work has been done by a handful (ok maybe only half a hand) of members while we worked the "bugs" out of the "Idea".  Now that the list of "essential tools" has been narrowed down and the "Virtual Band" concept works as we had hoped it would, having a convenient way to find assets is a logical next step.

I would encourage anyone interested in developing their music to take advantage of this opportunity to get your name on the list in any or all catagories that you are interested in trying. 

Perhaps a comment like:  "I only do Metal!" or "Country Music ain't my thang", might be helpful (if limits apply), to those who might solicit your help.

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-09-29 06:12:43)

Hi Chordians,

Just received a piece of original music that has been thrown out there for "enhancement", courtesy of Sir Russell of Wisconsin.

Any one wanting to add vocals, keyboards, lead guitar, lyrics, additional base line, or what ever you feel could make it better feel free to contribute in addition you may request just the individual tracks (without bass or drums) and You may download the mixed version MP3 at my mediafire account  www.mediafire.com/dougsmith  titled: Fire of Light.

This is a little bit different genre than we have been used to and might be a lot of fun to "toy" around with.

Thanks & Take Care;  Doug

could we get the individual tracks including bass and drums?

I can give you the individual tracks. I will have to process them with audacity as mp3's and put them in a folder and the folder name will be "fire of light" I will get to it after my dinner and have them for you tonignt no problem smile

riddler wrote:

could we get the individual tracks including bass and drums?

Randy the tracks are ready the folder is named "fire of light" one thing,track one starts it off then track three (drums) then track four(second guitar) and the bass (track two) plays the same line as the guitar (the root) and there 1/8 notes smile

Thanks russ...:)

your welcome and have a good time with it, add or subtract what you want

riddler wrote:

Thanks russ...:)

Greetings "Chordians",

Well this is a first for me.... not being a writer (music anyway), but I kind of have a lyric that needs polishing and turned into a tune.  I'm thinking that it has kind of a "new country" feeling, but needs work to get it all together.

So if anybody would like to take a whack at it, drop me an e-mail and I will send you the "words" along with a little background so you will have an idea of where the story came from.  Basically I have got a chorus and a few verses, might need some kind of bridge, and perhaps a few lines to tie up the loose ends.

Sorry there is no music for with it as it just came to me this morning, and I haven't really delved into it.  But I am open to anything y'all come up with.  I guess that makes it a "poem"....  for the moment at least.

Thanks and Take Care;
  Doug

I have access to Rason, which is a pretty good MIDI kit.  I won't pretend to be competent with it, but if anyone has tracks they'd like something added to, I'm happy to see what I can do.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks Jerome, is this MIDI kit a digital recorder kind of thinge or a program like audacity and reaper? either way I appreciate your contribution smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

I have access to Rason, which is a pretty good MIDI kit.  I won't pretend to be competent with it, but if anyone has tracks they'd like something added to, I'm happy to see what I can do.

Doug_Smith wrote:

Greetings "Chordians",

Well this is a first for me.... not being a writer (music anyway), but I kind of have a lyric that needs polishing and turned into a tune.  I'm thinking that it has kind of a "new country" feeling, but needs work to get it all together.

So if anybody would like to take a whack at it, drop me an e-mail and I will send you the "words" along with a little background so you will have an idea of where the story came from.  Basically I have got a chorus and a few verses, might need some kind of bridge, and perhaps a few lines to tie up the loose ends.

Sorry there is no music for with it as it just came to me this morning, and I haven't really delved into it.  But I am open to anything y'all come up with.  I guess that makes it a "poem"....  for the moment at least.

Thanks and Take Care;
  Doug

i will take a whack at it doug...we are gonna get together this weekend and jam and we can see if we can come up with anything..time permitting

Thanks Randy,

Actually I thought it might be right up your alley, but knowing how busy folks are this time of year and all, I wasn't going to impose and outright try to recruit for this one.  I do have a couple more lines that came to me that I think I'll try to fit in somewhere and get the text off to you in the morning.

Thanks again!
  Take Care;
  Doug

Russell_Harding wrote:

Thanks Jerome, is this MIDI kit a digital recorder kind of thinge or a program like audacity and reaper? either way I appreciate your contribution smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

Reason is more of a music generating kit.  Think MIDI control surfaces and virtual effects.  It's quite powerful.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/r … what-is-it

It doesn't do recording, but it does give you lots of stuff you can do to edit and master recordings you might have.   I use it a lot for composing and arranging.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks for clarifying this it sounds like a keyboard device offhand with a interface to a recording program that converts the output to mp3 or wav format ( i should check the link im just guessing) I have a few songs that could use some help let me sift thru my files and locate one and get back on this ok smile 

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

jerome.oneil wrote:

Reason is more of a music generating kit.  Think MIDI control surfaces and virtual effects.  It's quite powerful.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/r … what-is-it

It doesn't do recording, but it does give you lots of stuff you can do to edit and master recordings you might have.   I use it a lot for composing and arranging.

Doug_Smith wrote:

Greetings "Chordians",

Thanks and Take Care;
  Doug

Hi Doug,

If I might make a suggestion. In spite of misunderstandings in the recent 'discussion', poems/lyrics with the goal of turning into a song have always been, and always will be, encouraged on Chordie. So why not save yourself a lot of time sending seperate e-mails and post here asking for suggestions.

Roger

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

My turn to post a song that I'm looking for some help on completing.The song is Blacktree Road.I posted it a ways back and I have done a re-write on it. I don't plan to finish it till early 09 as Christmas is way too close.So no hurry here as there are other projects on the go also. smile What I'm looking for is a drummer,lead guitar,piano/keyboard and most importantly back up singers that are willing to try harmonizing.It doesn't matter what key you sing in,male, female,young or old.I will do up a rough track before Christmas with all instruments included.(mind you they will be sloppy but it will get the song across)In the rough track I will harmonize to where I would like the harmony.Send me back your tracks with the harmony and/or instruments and between them all I think we can come up with a kick^*& song.

If you don't know how to do a track there is no harm in asking....That's why we're here. smile

Anyone interested please Email me,my link is on the left.

Link to Blacktree Road is below 

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8680

Thanks in advance

Kenny  smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

OK now were cooking we got 2 requests for help and Randy has agreed to help Doug with his so I will offer to help Kenny with the lead guitar and backup vocals any more takers chime in please smile

Howdy Y'all,

First off I would like to thank all those who have offered their assistance in helping me get my little project off the ground.  I have done a little rewrite, and sent the thing off to Lord Russell for a look see, and perhaps a bit of advice.  Like I said earlier, I am not a lyricist, and as such am not sure if I have the words in anything resembling a "lyrical" format.  As soon as I have something that can be put to music I will provide copies to anyone interested.

As to Roger's comment... Thanks for the words of encouragement, but when I was writing a lot, it wasn't intended for publication.  Most of the notes and poetry that I have jotted down over the years have been more of a "window to my soul" sort of thing.  Although I do think of many of this group of Chordians as "family", there are 220 Thousand of us.... and we are not all that close!  When and if this turns into a "song" that I think worthy of publishing, I will certainly consider posting it over in songwriting or where appropriate.  Until then to me it is just a "poem with potential" and I am merely a lyricist in training, hoping to learn a bit about how to go about writing a good lyric.

Thanks again all and Take Care;
  Doug

Not quite yet..209,210 as of 12/12/08  thats an increase of 10,000 in less then 4 months but I have no doubt it will top your figure before the summer smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

there are 220 Thousand of us....

I'm more than happy to help any way I can. I will probly have to be taken by the hand and led through the process at first because the only thing I realy know how to do is write and play music. Sounds like a great project.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

A.C.T your offer of assistance is greatly appereciated and I will add your name to the various catagories,I was reading a post in "about chordie" of a compilation disk,we are in the process of doing just that in a thread called "global kolaboration band" in this forum if you get a chance read it there are already a few songs nominated and more will be composed for this project smile

i've just had a playaround with user doug smith's fire of light song and did a different take on it, by reequalizing it making it sound more "heavy metallish", and putting a basic blues scale solo on it. I've taken the liberty of recording and uploading the results. here it is:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6229725-283
I don't have the pretension of having made it better just different...

yes it is differen't from the original version and I should know since I composed it, the original version can be heard on my website link on the left but I enjoyed your take on it and hope you had fun with it smile

morenocoragem wrote:

i've just had a playaround with user doug smith's fire of light song and did a different take on it, by reequalizing it making it sound more "heavy metallish", and putting a basic blues scale solo on it. I've taken the liberty of recording and uploading the results. here it is:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6229725-283
I don't have the pretension of having made it better just different...

was trying to find some keyboard sounds that went with your song fire of light and came up with this:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6230390-9b2
kept the original sound of the base track, just added the keyboard. (I'm on holiday so I got time to spare big_smile . hope i'm not bugging you all)