Topic: Electro-Acoustics

Funny question, can you get electro acoustics that are not battery powered?
Specifically Seagull guitars, as that's what I'm aiming at next purchasing.

Where I'm doing a lot more amp work, It would be nice to not have to rely on a battery, as we all know its going to fail the time you don't have a replacement!

cheers

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Re: Electro-Acoustics

The battery in my Fender lasts about a year and I do not find it a drawback, however for peace of mind I do always carry a spare in my guitar case.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

So a $1.25 battery is gonna stop you from buying a acoustic electric guitar. The battery provides power for the pre-amp  and tuner BUT even if the battery is  low or dead the sound will STILL come thru the powered amp. I do use more batteries than Roger but I think that is my own fault. If you leave, as I sometimes do, the cable plugged in from the guitar to the amp it will drain the battery, fast. Always buy batteries, 9 volt, in packages of 3 or more and you will always have an extra. The batteries can be changed quicker that you can tune your guitar.

nela

I've never had a battery fail yet...I simply change the battery when I change my strings...just consider it to be routine maintenance...This is in a Martin GTE acoustic/electric...

Incidently...the Seagull guitars that I've seen and played are very good guitars!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Hi ApeDoctor,

I have two Electro-Acoustic Guitars, One I have had for over a Year, and it shows no sign

of the battrey failing and I use it as much as any of my Guitars, but with six, it can be a

couple of months before I play it again, but as Nela said I always keep some spears.

Hope this helps!

Luck and Helth to all!!!

The only thing I worry about is the battery exploding, but that does not stop me from using it. I would say even if you could find one that does not use batteries it would not be worth the extra price.
Maybe someone could rig up a Pickup that uses solar power, or maybe wind power from your picking hand. Just a thought smile

And Headcase, I hope you meant SPARES not SPEARS. You would look awfully funny sticking a spear in you batter case. Not sure how good it would be for the guitar either.

Mandolin>guitar

lone-woodwose wrote:

... And Headcase, I hope you meant SPARES not SPEARS. You would look awfully funny sticking a spear in you batter case. Not sure how good it would be for the guitar either.

What's a BATTER case? In case he wants some fried fish? tongue

But seriously, why would you think a battery may explode? Have you experienced such happening?

Cheers

Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.

Hey lone-woodwose,  Seems we both had a slight break down in our spelling. Too tired I think.

As for a batter case I don't like fish much, LOL.

Luck and Health to all!!!