Topic: Boss BR-8

I have decided to spend sum bucks and am looking at a Boss BR-8 for $350 Canadian.Any feedback on this unit or others would be greatly appreciated.I have been working with Audacity but I find I get frustrated trying to get the end results I envision. Don't get me wrong,Audacity is a great program for learning but I would like to get to the next level.

Thanks
Kenny

PS Thanks for all your help and the Audacity toots Russell smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Boss BR-8

Hey Ken, I have a BR8 and I know russel does too. I like mine fine but the zip disk transfer to your computer can be a hassel figuring  out. It has great effects and capability. However they have straight to cd recording studios now that I would like to have. Thats a great price to by the way I paid alot more. Never cared much for audacity.  marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Marc the transfer of data from a zip disk is easy all you need is a Y adapter it is a chord that has 2 rca jacks on one end and a singe 1/8 in stereo jack on the other the 2 rca jacks plug into the left and right "outs" on the BR-8 and the single 1/8 in jack plugs into the microphone input in the back of the computer,maybe the reason for frustration with audacity is you are not aware of the full potential of this program or of the editing procedures and there are new plugins available to enhance the recordings and produce a quality CD but you will still need a program like Nero to burn the final results to a CD,the media player can do this but Nero dose it better,if you need any help with the BR-8 or audacity give me a call smile 

marcalan wrote:

Hey Ken, I have a BR8 and I know russel does too. I like mine fine but the zip disk transfer to your computer can be a hassel figuring  out. It has great effects and capability. However they have straight to cd recording studios now that I would like to have. Thats a great price to by the way I paid alot more. Never cared much for audacity.  marcalan

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks for the thoughts marc and Russ smile

Today I went out and looked at what is in the stores.I just happened to find the Boss BR 600.It cost $485 Canadian.I figured that it would be better then paying $350 for a used BR-8 without the warranty and the destructions(although I could probably find them online)so-o-o-o....................I choked down hard and bought it.
As Weedjie says it'll take some time but it is gonna be worth it for me.I was getting tired of slamming on my monitor to get the picture back to see what I just recorded lol besides it's an old puter like me and not getting any younger.
Any little tips or tricks would be great from anyone on board that is knowledgeable on my new toy/Christmas Present.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)