1 (edited by selso 2009-02-09 03:19:48)

Topic: audacity help

I realize russell harding has tutorials on media fire, but i cant seem to excess the files.  my problem is i'll record a rythm track and when i go back to record a lead the rythm track is louder. i cant figure out how to adjust each tracks volume separtly. i dont have a mic , so i have to sit really close to the computer, and its all on acoustic.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: audacity help

selso you can adjust the volume of the rhythm track on the left of the audacity screen there is a panel with 2 slider bars,one for pan and one for volume the top one is the volume control of the recorded track just use your curser and move it to the left to where you like it, as far as the audacity files on mediafire click on the audacity folder it will display several individual smaller files like "audacity 1 2 3" and so on, click on the number 1 file and a dowload page will appear along with a "download"bar if you click on it you will be asked to run or save choose save and make sure you save it to your documents  or some other destination so you can find it and just repeat this till you have several of the videos downloaded and saved,once you have done this click on the red "X" on the top right this will close that page and when you get back to your start screen(desktop) open your documents or the place you saved it to and click on the folder and on the top left click on "file" and select "play and it will play on your default media player if your still having problems get back to me and good luck smile

selso wrote:

I realize russell harding has tutorials on media fire, but i cant seem to excess the files.  my problem is i'll record a rythm track and when i go back to record a lead the rythm track is louder. i cant figure out how to adjust each tracks volume separtly. i dont have a mic , so i have to sit really close to the computer, and its all on acoustic.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

once again, thank you for your help!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Try this site, http://audacityteam.org/forum/index.php There are also tutorials on youtube, and of course Russel has some fine tutorials also. between the three you should be able to find the answers to all your questions. hope this helps.

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

And once again your welcome smile also getfiddle gave a good link for additional help with the audacity program and a thank you to him smile 

selso wrote:

once again, thank you for your help!

"Growing old is not for sissies"