Topic: Strum Pattern

I am a new guitar player and it is hard for me to get the strum pattern for a song. Can You tell me the strum pattern for Our Song by Taylor Swift.   Thanks alot!

Re: Strum Pattern

hi kims1984 i find that if you sing the song the stumming will come as you're singing...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Kim, daddycool is right...

Try this:  The emphasis is on 1 (1&2&3&... don't hit the strings on 4 but go ahead and swing your pick like you are going to hit it.  She say's "I was" before you hit that first D chord.  When she says "ridin" you strum the D emphasizing the down stroke.   It goes DOWN, down, up, down, down...then go on to the Em DOWN, down, up, down, down, etc.  Just hum where the words are gonna be until you're comfortable in the strum.

I was  (D)riding shotgun with my  (Em)hair undone in the (G)front seat of his (A)car...

Hope it helps.  Neat song.

Hi, Can anyone make out the strumming pattern of the Jayhawk's Martin's Song?    Thanks! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVLsbVt6OSk

Down up Down - Down Up Up; Down up Down - Down Up Up where the "-" represents a pick swing without hitting the guitar strings (just so you keep rhythm).  Try that.

Thanks AccoustikNoyz!    I'm still working on my ear, but once you described the strum pattern for Martin's Song it seemed so clear.  Thanks again!