1 (edited by jerome.oneil 2009-04-05 23:34:19)

Topic: Roll On

I banged this out last night.  Super easy.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: Roll On

I like the lyrics jerome.
Have you recorded this and chucked it on myspace? or your space on myspace?

Also who is "Ezikiel"

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

I like the lyrics jerome.
Have you recorded this and chucked it on myspace? or your space on myspace?

Also who is "Ezikiel"

Ken

I just wrote it last night.   I'll take it to the band next practice, and we'll probably go public with it next month some time.

I've got a little MR8 recorder, so I'll put together a rough copy just to have some kind of arrangement.  If it turns out, I'll put it up.

Ezikiel is a prophet from the Bible, who had a vision of God showing up on a chariot with wheels made of fire.   There's an old hymnal about "Ezekiel saw two wheels a'burnin' way in the middle of the sky..."

This looks like it is maybe meant for bluegrass or a great country tune. Good job Jerome I'd like to hear it. You know some of the best songs ever are simple tunes.

Jerome super lyrics and I would love to hear this when you record it,I like the reference to Ezikiel and the wheels of fire there are those who believe he may have seen a alien spacecraft and theres even a drawing from the discription made by a n.a.s.a artist,really good work on this smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

is that the "chariots of fire" reference?

i do like the words, very deep and not what i thought they were about at the beginning...lol

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi jerome one chord verses thats different,there's a nice feel to the lyrics,lets have the recording.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Its almost punk rock. not bad at all. I like the frist couple of verses

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

Its almost punk rock. not bad at all. I like the frist couple of verses

It's a very hard driving song.  I put down a rhythm track and a bass track last night.   120 BPM in 4/4.  Nothing complex.  Then I broke out the Dot and turned the gain up on the tube amp to record some lead.  Didn't finish as I was having too much fun wanking.

I'll try again later this week when I have a spare moment, and a little more self discipline.

120 bpm, thats more like slayer. Again me likey. Love to hear it when its done

Reverend Horton Heat

Great song with a good message ("Roll on"). I find that we tend to focus on the "what ifs" in Life far too often instead of appreciating the positive things in our lives.

I especially like the phrase "Life is just a journey". Reminds me of the saying: "Life is about the journey, not the destination".

Great writing. I hope we can hear a recording soon.

J.

Good Song Jerome.

I believe all our Karmas clocks are ticking. We all have a limited time of existance .

I also believe you could have restrained from explaining so graphically why you didnt finish this piece
last night !. As were ofton told here, there are younger members here on chordie. I'm surprised  that you in particular
overlooked this fact Sir.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Ahhh, wut?

Old Doll wrote:

Good Song Jerome.

I believe all our Karmas clocks are ticking. We all have a limited time of existance .

I also believe you could have restrained from explaining so graphically why you didnt finish this piece
last night !. As were ofton told here, there are younger members here on chordie. I'm surprised  that you in particular

Old Doll.

Wanking in a musical sense as in just having fun rather than trying to finish a composition???

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

geoaguiar wrote:
Old Doll wrote:

Good Song Jerome.

Old Doll.

Wanking in a musical sense as in just having fun rather than trying to finish a composition???

I think she just misunderstood, thats all.

Reverend Horton Heat

We'd call the musical thing "noodling". We don't really have a second meaning for the "w" word. 

Two sides of the pond separated by a common language !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

It appears i owe you an Apology Jerome.

In all my years of living, writing, researching, Ive never known the W word in anyway other
way. Its always been sexually descriptive to me.   Noodling  ! yes ! I'd have known.
So, while some words get lost in translation. I hope my sincere apology  to you does not.

I apologise for misunderstanding your terminology.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Cicero is attributed as saying, "Excitabat enim fluctus in simpulo" which I translate for myself as...

Unh...  Huh?  Yeah?  Whatever...

Sincerely,

Unh Huh

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

I apologize.  I got so totally distracted with the all the wanking about..., I totally forgot their was a song written above.

I particularly like the line ...karma keeps on coming down, very visual for me combined with the preceding lyrics.

I haven't got a clue what your tune is... since we tend to draw on our own experience, I keep hearing Dewey Cox singing Walk Hard, from the movie of the same name Walk Hard.  Now there's a real bit o' wankin' about for ya...

Hope to hear your sound file soon..., in the meantime, don't be good  be better, and by all means don't forget to keep your excreta together.

Sincerely,

Unh Huh

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

unhhuh wrote:

I apologize.  I got so totally distracted with the all the wanking about..., I totally forgot their was a song written above.

I particularly like the line ...karma keeps on coming down, very visual for me combined with the preceding lyrics.

I haven't got a clue what your tune is... since we tend to draw on our own experience, I keep hearing Dewey Cox singing Walk Hard, from the movie of the same name Walk Hard.  Now there's a real bit o' wankin' about for ya...

Hope to hear your sound file soon..., in the meantime, don't be good  be better, and by all means don't forget to keep your excreta together.

Sincerely,

Unh Huh

Yo, it's a family site, dude. Get it together

Reverend Horton Heat

Aaaaanyway.....getting back to the matter in hand (ooof, sorry)....I loved the lyrics Jerome, as the rest of the guys have said it would be great to hear this recorded.

roll on!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Old Doll wrote:

It appears i owe you an Apology Jerome.

Not at all my dear!   Sometimes we find ourselves in that comic space where one word has two meanings, and the best thing to do is laugh.   big_smile

Good writing Jerome, Lots of thought provoking lyrics in here.(for me anyways LOL)

Looking forwards to the recording. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

roll on. nice one..

music IS my soul

So I just got back from rehearsal, where I introduced this one to the band.  It came together better than I had imagined.  Next week I'll bring the recorder in and get it down in MP3, live from the basement.