Topic: Float on-Modest Mouse

When you're playing the Verse-Rythem do you mute the E, D, and A strings when you play the chords?

Re: Float on-Modest Mouse

Hola Mexicanmafia12 and welcome to Chordie!

It is really going to be a matter of how you play the tune and the sound that you like.  I use the C Em Am progression and think that a bit of palm muting sounds good, but really it is all up to you.  If you have transposed to another key, then fully damping the base strings might be in order, and if you capo up you might want all the notes to ring.

Once again welcome to Chordie, visit often, feel free to post any questions or comments you might have.... there are a lot of good folks on this site and I'm sure you will have a good time interacting with them.

Only thing I might add is, read the "sticky" at the top of every section for guidelines on what kinds of questions to post where, you might find you get faster response if the question more closely matches the topic of the section.  This one kind of boarders on song requests or theory so I'm thinking this is not such a bad choice for your question.

Take Care, and enjoy;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare