Topic: Cheapo Electric Guitar

OK, I need an electric only rarely but still need one.  By cheapo I mean $200-$300 tops and closer to $200 is best.  I play acoustic rythm in our praise and worship band and occasionally need a little electric sound to compliment our lead player who plays a Fender Tele or a Gibson Les Paul.  I'm running my acoustic through a couple of pedals at times for OD and/or distortion but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

I have an amplifier available without having to purchase one.

Thanks for the comments and recommendations,
David

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

Re: Cheapo Electric Guitar

Check out Agile at Rondo Music. You can get an excellent LP copy in that price range. I own one and have played both the Epi and Gibson. I can't tell the difference

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Geoaguiar is completely right.
Rondomusic.com is the spot for quality at cheap prices.
Just be aware that their les paul style guitars weigh a TON!

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I've reseached the Agile's and while I haven't played one, I found nothing but great reviews, so give them a look.

Cam                  http://rondomusic.com/

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Thanks, guys.  I'm looking at the Agile.

geoaguiar - do you find yours significantly heavier than the Gibson or Epi LP?

Thanks,
David

David,
Yes they are a little heavier. I wouldn't say significantly. I don't play out so it's a non-issue with me. I will say I am a HUGE fan of Agile. If you're playing a Les Paul instead of a Strat you've already committed to "the load"; that is the extra guitar weight.I have a 2500 with EMG 85/81 pick ups. I got it for a steal. The AL2000 is $199.00 US. They are quality built. IMO the best value in electric guitars. If you buy through Rondo his return policy is the best in the business.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Heya,

just got myself a nice Stagg Paula from ebay... got it yesterday, and it's way better then most Epis I had in my hands. got it for around $70, but that was here in Germany.

But for the kind of music you'll want it for, and to compliment the Paula and Strat (my Strat is a Stagg as well), I'd recommend getting a Tele. If you can live with no string-through body, the Squier Affinity Teles are nice and CHEAP.

Plus they are readily available from most stores, so you can try befor you  buy (which I find is always a good idea with guitars) unless you want to play the "I buy online, let's see what I get" game... (my win/loss ratio is about 60/40, but I tend to buy cheap off ebay...).

Cheers and have fun with whatever axe you get!

Thistles

thistles wrote:

Heya,

just got myself a nice Stagg Paula from ebay... got it yesterday, and it's way better then most Epis I had in my hands. got it for around $70, but that was here in Germany.

But for the kind of music you'll want it for, and to compliment the Paula and Strat (my Strat is a Stagg as well), I'd recommend getting a Tele. If you can live with no string-through body, the Squier Affinity Teles are nice and CHEAP.

Plus they are readily available from most stores, so you can try befor you  buy (which I find is always a good idea with guitars) unless you want to play the "I buy online, let's see what I get" game... (my win/loss ratio is about 60/40, but I tend to buy cheap off ebay...).

Cheers and have fun with whatever axe you get!

Thistles

Thanks Thistles.  Our lead plays an LP and a Tele.  I'm really thinking Strat or SG style.

But I really know little to nothing about how different styles produce different sounds.  I do know that the amps and effects can determine a lot.

I need more feedback from you electric experts, please.

Thanks,
David