Topic: Just give up

If you knew what I'd been through, then you would know,
that you cannot change me, and I'd watch you go.
My fear of involvement, cuts you so deep,
Becuase I've been wounded, by too many creeps.

Well now I am happy, and I realise,
all that I wanted, is here by my side.
I do not need saving, I need no hero,
the last thing I need is another grand show.

You can't make it better, you cannot enhance,
the life that I've chosen, you won't get the chance,
to tear it all down, and make it all wrong,
because we are safe and I am too strong.

I know that you're nice, and I think that you're true,
and sure, yes I know I could depend on you...
But I cannot commit, and I think I can't trust,
and I fear all you feel, is attraction and lust.

I laugh and I flirt, but I really can't stand,
the fear that I feel at the touch of your hands.
So why can't you see, you are wasting your time?
If you think you can capture, this cruel heart of mine.

Re: Just give up

Hi Tine smile
Learning to trust after being burned is a huge obstacle to overcome. I know this cause I was there once. I can say that I have written a few unposted songs that I keep to myself and every once in a while I dig them out and read them. I use these as a marker of sorts to see if I still feel the same way as I did when they were written. Use your poems in the same way and they will help you to heal and understand your inner emotions which is huge.
Nobody deserves to not be able to trust love.

You're a good writer. Good for you for posting these pieces on the board as it tells me you don't want to just give up.

Kenny in Canada

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Like Saints and Sinners, Losers and Winners commitment scares the hell out of both pro and beginners. If hurt and heartache has frozen your soul, so much so you found a new goal, is half really better than whole? I too have walked that road many times before and said no, not again not anymore! Somehow someway everyday I'm still in the game, head up high, trusting again. Love can cripple and even blackend the heart, but if you find the right kind of love it's like abrand new start.

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh  But then your heart is broken all over again! xxx

hi tine,

i read this very slowly because the words mean so much, they're a little self deprecating, where you're using several excuses [ your insecurity, his lust etc] to end something that you wont allow to start, so you nip it in the bud so you wont get hurt [again?]
you also state that "i am too strong" i think you wish you were...eating the bacon is better than loving the pig!

this is a lovely piece of work, well done and thanks for sharing.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi tine my daughter and her husband went through this in their own marriages,i met her now husband through work and dangled the fishing line ,they met ,hit it off moved in together,trust took a long while to heal but they've brought their own house and got married secretly and getting on great,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool