Topic: LOOP DE BLUES

This is my first video recording with the loop pedal live I did one other but the tracks were already added you can see the stages I used a Boss RC-20XL loop station a Silvertone bass a strat and my Aleses drum machine the effects pedal is a Boss ME-50 the microphone is a Sure SM58 and the PA is my new Phonic with 2 speaker cabinets and 10" speakers and woolfers the Camera was a Kodak 8.2 megapixel if you get a chance check it out smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=61302658

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: LOOP DE BLUES

Pretty cool Russell,,,oh and I love the lid smile

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

you love the lid lol yea I got it at a second hand store paid .50 cents (what a deal) I had a ball with this aint nobody around to pick with so I have to play with myself(musicially) glad you enjoyed Scott smile

Love it Russ! I think I  might have to get a bass now.  Music is just a great way of entertaining yourself. I sometimes play with backing tracks for hours.

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Wayne smile yea a bass adds a lot and helps with freeing your creative jucies playing with backing tracks is a really good way to improve your timing and expression the drum machine (frowned on by some) sharpens your tempo to a razors edge all the bass notes were anticipations which gives it a funky kick but working with other musicians is more rewarding to be sure and if you cant this is the best way for me to go and no arguments plus everyone shows up for the gig lol

wlbaye wrote:

Love it Russ! I think I  might have to get a bass now.  Music is just a great way of entertaining yourself. I sometimes play with backing tracks for hours.

I think finding the right person to jam with is the hardest for me. You gotta have the similar musical background and tastes in music. I am pretty sure I would have a great time jammin with you.
I am just heading out to the Sturgis Rally, and I have my guitar packed and ready, the gals in the campgrounds seem to love guitars, even if I can't play worth a darn I can fake it.

Later, Wayne P

You got that right! sturgis is a bike rally aint it I saw a few videos it looks like Harley heaven and your right about the ladies some friends have attended a few actually made it back lol I have a good time jamming with most anyone have a great time in Sturgis and a safe trip and get some photos of your trip and share if you can smile

wlbaye wrote:

I think finding the right person to jam with is the hardest for me. You gotta have the similar musical background and tastes in music. I am pretty sure I would have a great time jammin with you.
I am just heading out to the Sturgis Rally, and I have my guitar packed and ready, the gals in the campgrounds seem to love guitars, even if I can't play worth a darn I can fake it.

You know Russ, if you were to put a disability and a fruit in front of your name, no-one would question it. You have all the visual appearance of a blues man who hasn't just been round the block but had it fall on him AND the chops to back it up!

Way cool , guy!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

yowzer lol thats fine compliment not sure about the disability and fruit lol but I really thank you for the nice words smile

Zurf that wino put up a hell of a fight but I had a head start running caus he was sittin down or layin in the alley cant remember lol to be able to sustain notes requires a overdrive or distortion pedal but it has to be mixed with the right amount of sustain and tone from your guitar the rest is just practice and feeling and your right a bass should set the foundation playing a lot of notes anyone can do keeping it simple takes discipline, I still like the lyin and cheatin songs and I will wear my other hat you like on the next video the earthquake was caused by my mounting the camera on my dvd and the dobro was on the table but I liked the video and decided not to do a better one it may have not come off as well thanks for the comments smile   

]I see you rolled a wino in some back alley to get an appropriate blues hat.  Something every good blues man needs is a blues hat, though I have to admit that I am still partial to your cheatin' and lyin' songs country hat with the flat brim and the silver conchas.  "Old Dogs Need Loving Too" is superb.   It's like something I'd expect to hear off some old Chess LPs.  Also amazing was how you could keep playing through an earthquake like that. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Sorry Zurf I messed up the quote syntax code and lost part of you post it wont happen again (hopefully) smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

Sorry Zurf I messed up the quote syntax code and lost part of you post it wont happen again (hopefully) smile

Now I've got the blues.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Have a beer or two or three or more it wont matter lol

All ya need now is some leggy Gals and some fine hot Rods , Oh fake beard and cheap Wayfarers...your in ...Good work great fun ...have to say checked out your rig for this...cant afford yet.. but goood Yob

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Russell_Harding wrote:

Ish werkin' pretty good...

Yea aoooooh leggy gals zz top has the hot rod and sunglasses covered a beard would itch to much but thanks for the nice comments and it took me a bit and a few loans to get my gear but I dont regret it you only live once smile

marcalan wrote:

All ya need now is some leggy Gals and some fine hot Rods , Oh fake beard and cheap Wayfarers...your in ...Good work great fun ...have to say checked out your rig for this...cant afford yet.. but goood Yob

yash duh spirit buddy good ol brew lol

Zurf wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Ish werkin' pretty good...

I finally got around to watching this russ...that was pretty cool... smile

Thanks Randy I had a lot of fun doing it,still gettting used to the loop pedal but the more I use it I get better with it (like anything) I will be doing some more videos this weekend and hope to have some more up soon smile

so very cooooooooooooool Russell, loved it, going back to the dissability and fruit, may I offer
Asthmatic Lime drop Harding.
Keep the vidios coming, they give help and hope to us all
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Thanks tony I hope I conveyed some joy in my music to viewers and to me that's what its about I realize what comes easy to me others struggle with but it wasn't always that way a lot of practice makes it look easy I still practice things like scales and positions up and down the neck (not everyday) but often got to smell the roses too I hope with my videos to instruct others visually and with sound and have a blast doing it,appreciate your comments smile