Topic: "SONGS FOR CHORDIE CD'S"

Ok these are the songs so far that have been suggested for this CD and as a reminder the money raised will be donated to charities to be determined, this list will be updated as new candidates are added smile 

1) DEATH AND PUPERS Helena O'Donovan (old doll)
2) GREY SKYS.. Jeff Gilpin
3) THE WAIT......Jeff Gilpin
4) SILENCE OF SOLDIERS....Phill Williams
5) FLAG OF MY HEART COMFORT OF MISERY...uhhuh
6) LUNAR SPIRITS..Arkady
7) AFGANASTAN DEPLOYMENT....Arkady
8) COPERNICUS....Arkady
9) MESHACK...Russell Harding
10) WRAPPED IN HAPPINESS..(Jeff Taylor (Topdown); Jamie Moro (Smart_deedee); Helena Donovan (Old Doll); Russell Harding; Roger Guppy)
11) CRACKER AND THE RING..Helena O'Donovan
12) FIRE OF LIGHT...Russell Harding
14) NEW YEARS PRAYER....Phill Williams
15) ETHERIAL LULLABY....riddler,fatstrings (Randy and Scott)
16) BLACK CAB BLUES....evsynator (dave)

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: "SONGS FOR CHORDIE CD'S"

one thing I thought I would mention I would like to see a few more songs with uplifting melodies songs of hope and joy, songs that inspire people to change this world for the good of the human race not just point out its problems and no cures for them,people want to feel good they want to feel there is a future with a new world free of all the misery and dispair in the present one...this is only my opinion whats yours?

...any further developments?

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

I am meeting with the head of Trax studios, I have a session Thursday night and later after I get finished with what I can do recording wise I will sit down and discuss this idea and ask if there willing to donate some time for a engineer to master the mp3 tracks what that means is im going to have to have individual tracks of each song and make a separate
CD for each song of each track and feed this data into my br-8 from my CD burner one track at a time on a zip disk and transfer the data to the pro tools board for mastering,these individual tracks will be processed with my Nero CD program so all the voulume is even for each track as the Nero program is on my second computer I may have to plug in my router and put it back on line so I can retreive each track so each song will be one cd,its not complicated and everything is digital so there will be no loss of quality of sound. smile

This looks like a great project. Did this CD get made?

I never need more then 4 strings.

lukebass no I could not convince the owner of trax studios to mix the tracks for free its still a good idea but its been on the shelf for a few months and since then other songs have been composed and recorded by members that merit inclusion this may be a good project to continue on before christmas smile

Might be worthwhile to see if some of the membership would be willing to take a shot at mastering some of the tracks.   We've all got equipment and software.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thats a good possibility Jerome I think I can master my own and if need be help with others smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

Thats a good possibility Jerome I think I can master my own and if need be help with others smile

I'm happy to give it a shot if you want to offer one up.

Thanks Jerome I need to sift through my list of recorded material there all on zip disks so I can isolate each track and make mp3's or wav's, if I render them to wav I would have to upload them to mediafire in a separate folder there the only resource I have that can handle that many MB's and store them free smile

If you have MP3s, there's no point in converting them to WAV.  I can do that here.  If you have the original WAV files, then that's what I'd prefer to work from.

Either way, it's all good.  big_smile

Hmmmmm

Just saw this part of chordie   

Holiday CD  - Nice idea   - did it ever happen ?

Phill - I would really like to hear NEW YEARS PRAYER if you still got it

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That was a great idea for a cd  Did it happen ?

TIGLJK wrote:

Hmmmmm

Just saw this part of chordie   

Holiday CD  - Nice idea   - did it ever happen ?

Phill - I would really like to hear NEW YEARS PRAYER if you still got it

Jim

I cant say if it got any further, Jim, I certainly haven't heard anymore about it. I've looked through my CD's for NEW YEARS PRAYER (there are at least 18 with around 18 tracks on average) but I couldn't find that track. I think I used to put everything onto mini disc back then so I'll check through those and let you know.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.