Topic: Fender Bridge

Anyone know of a Regular Fender Bridge that is the same width as the Humbucker Bridge?  I need to cover the Routing Gaps left by a Humbucker Bridge because I am installing a regular pickup.  Help.  Thanks.

Re: Fender Bridge

Explain more clearly please. What type of guitar is it a Strat style? What do you mean by humbucker bridge? Is it like the one on a les paul?(tune-o-matic bridge and stop tail piece). Does it have a strat pick guard? I just finished rewiring a strat with two humbuckers (still have to put on strings, tune & test). Let me know and then I can help you.

Bootlegger

Bootlegger guitars.

Its a Telecastor, it had a Humbucker pickup, similar to a Gibson in the bridge pickup, which requires a little larger routed area which Fender makes a bridge for, which is appx 1/2 "wider , so when I put a regular bridge on for a regular Tele pickup , which won't mount on the wider Humbucker bridge , I have an unsightly gap around the edges. I need the Standard Fender bridge to be a little wider. I was wondering if Someone knew if there was one out there, maybe a company that would custom make one ? Any ideas are appreciated. The bridge plate for the Humbucker is 31/2" wide and a standard Tele is 3" wide, and I can't mount the standaerd pickup in the Humbucker bridge,totally different mounting  holes.

There are a few options that you can be done.

#1. You can mount a single coil (strat-type) bridge pickup in the humbucker bridge plate. Their just about the same distance on the mounting hole dimension.(I held them against each other to verify). Then make a plate to cover (mounted on the bottom of the bridge) the exposed hole.

#2. Cut out a piece of alder the shape of the humbucker glue in and fill the beveled groove with putty or epoxy and re-rout it for a single coil telecaster pick up. (to much work if you are not experienced and not cost effective).

#3. Buy a new body that is already routed for a standard two single telecaster. (www.luthiers international supplies.com $139.00 american, you have to paint it).

#4. Use an extra piece of pick guard material and make a spacer to fill in the difference.

Either way it may not look astethicily pleasing but it will be a functional guitar.

Bootlegger.

Bootlegger guitars.

I was also considering the pick guard material to creat a type of frame around the edges of the standard bridge, sort of  concealing the gap and you have helped confirm that idea, I really appreciate your input. I'm doing this little project to sell on eBay and I hate to half do anything, esp. to a perfectly good guitar. Thanks again.