Topic: New Guitars

I purchased an Ibenez acostic guitar back around 1979.  Because I found it difficult to teach myself learning bar chords, I just learned using the basic chords.

After all these years I am thinking that I would like to buy another acostic guitar that's easier to play bar chords.

I love my Ibenez.  The sound is great and the chords just ring when I play it.  Can anyone recommend a guitar that's not to difficult to play guitar chord on?

Domenic

Re: New Guitars

I learned playing bar chords after I bought me a new guitar. It is a "furch durango".

But you have to find your's bye playing. Why not going into a store an play different brands?

Read this post. There is some good advice in it. <a href="http://www.chordie.com/forum/index.php?t=tree&th=1678&start=0&S=78ac88a6b1ffa5d727587ce1466356ab" target="_blank"> http://www.chordie.com/forum/index.php? … 678&am p;start=0&S=78ac88a6b1ffa5d727587ce1466356ab</a>

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

No guitar "brand" is going to work instantly...they all are just a slight difference. I own several guitars, both accustic and electric but my favorite is a fluke, It is a blemished Epiphone texan. I bought it for less than 150.00 about ten years ago. A friend of mine got a shipment of 75 Epiphones to his music store for christmas, and let me have first crack at them. I sat down and played all of them. Only one stood out...and I'll never sell it. Hope this helps.

P.S. Please dont make fun of my lousy spelling or typing skills

<font color="crimson"><i><b>I'm always looking for an excuse to buy another guitar but I'm puzzled why your Ibanez doesn't work for you on bar chords. I would bet that if you took it to a good repair shop that someone could check and then set it up to be much easier to play...meanwhile keep finding excuses to justify that next purchase...</b></i></font>

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.