Topic: Help with Audacity,

Howdy,
I am working on a project with Kap54 and he sent me a MP3 and I opened it and added 3 tracks to his original. Is there a way for me to leave the project open and send it back so he can mix the tracks without converting it to a MP3.

Thanks Wayne

Later, Wayne P

Re: Help with Audacity,

wlbaye
If you mean you want to send back to kenny a Audacity project file with 4 unmixed tracks then there is no way to do that I know of.
The best way would be to convert your added tracks to individual mp3s and email them back to Kenny so he can mix them with his original track on his Audacity..
Hope this helps
ark

That's kinda what I figured but I don't know much about all this new fangled technology. We just got FM radio and cable tv a couple years ago smile

Thanks Ark

Later, Wayne P

I'm pretty sure you'll have to send them back as mp3's and Kap will have to import them back in. Another noteworthy item is to be mindful of the size of your tracks. Most email server will choke at between 6-10 MB's worth of attachments (not all but most). You'll more than likely have to send them separately. You may want to consider using mediafire or another file sharing site instead of using email (free). This way each of you can download mp3's into Audacity of virtually any size. This'll keep you from having to compromise quality to accommodate size restrictions.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello