Topic: She's Not There

Another good one for barre chord practise. Looks for the version on Chordie that is Em A Bm. Mostly it is a lilting change between Em and A. Getting the timing of this is the main thing but the good news is you don't have to be too quick or too precise with your barre holds. You do have to get a nice co-ordination with your strums though so it bobs along nicely. The Bm is an accent and should be at the end of the chorus too, for emphasis.

Soundwise I was using a telecaster style setting again. I suspect the more elaborate version of this song would be better for open chords on an acoustic. Can't help with the Carlos Santana lead break though, that's way beyond my current skills!

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Re: She's Not There

I may be wrong but I believe that solo you referred to was done on an electric organ. You are right though it's a great song to play.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Hi ACT, on the Zombies original in the 60s it was electric organ, in fact I try to get that feel with the barre chords. But in the 70s Carlos Santana started doing 'She's Not There' as part of his live act. In 1977 a cut down live version was a big hit single. The lead break is absolutely stunning, soon as you hear it you'll want to play it. It's on most compilations but the original live album is 'Moonflower'.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Cool! I've got to check that out.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm