Topic: Songwriting Performing AND plagiarism

I live in Belgium, we have a national institute to bring your song in, purpose: Proving that you (or the band) and only you have written a song. By multiple factors, your song sells millions of copies, you have a decent contract, or receive one, suggestion, take always 1 or 2 lawyers when you sign that contract.(see John Fogerty, the man was probably to "euforic", signing with FANTASY, they get probably paid a lot of money at that time, but they forgot, probably to read also the small letters. Result, NO RIGHT TO PERFORM SINGING CCR SONGS. Finally, since a couple of years, he can sing these songs again. His company now: FANTASY RECORDS. They must have given him a very special contract, especially after what happened.

What and how, are the rules for, maybe the best choice here is a "coverband" or a "tribute band", no records, no CD's just performing for sometimes a lot of people. They can mix it with their own songs. Who and what kind of rights do they have, and how to control it?.

Do me a favour, something else but very related to this topics, look for a band called THE RUTLES, a super good movie, very good songs: members: MONTHY PYTHON. If you have songs of these guys, you will be convinced that this are REAL BEATLES SONGS, never before on the market.

It is amazing. I just wanted to know, again, if they are violating laws, they just did this as a kind of respect, but really a complete parody, on the beatles, the songs the hype, the screaming women. GO FIND THE RUTLES.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]