Topic: New Recording Interface

Hello ,

I just purchased a new TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6  online and should have it in a few days . I have researched myself crazy and decided on this one . I decided to go firewire rather than USB and this one seems to have the best reviews for a 2 input channel recorder .  I just needed 2 channels , one for vocals and one for guitar to get the main track down then I can add as many tracks later as needed. I'm sure it will take a few days to figure it out .

Here's a link to the features
http://www.tcelectronic.com/DesktopKonnekt6.asp

Later, Wayne P

Re: New Recording Interface

Cool...I think you did the right thing by going with a firewire interface...

I think so too ,  to me Firewire is  new technology and USB is older and more limited . Firewire wire also will power your unit rather than having another AC plug to worry about .

Later, Wayne P

Good to know. I did similar research and considered the Konnekt6 but ended up with the Presonus Firebox, 2 channel, firewire interface. It came with Cubase lite too, but I also qualified for a free crossgrade to their new Studio One software. At the moment, none of it is working very well.

Joe
Roadie & Reviewer
GoodGearGuy.com

Joe D. Roadie wrote:

Good to know. I did similar research and considered the Konnekt6 but ended up with the Presonus Firebox, 2 channel, firewire interface. It came with Cubase lite too, but I also qualified for a free crossgrade to their new Studio One software. At the moment, none of it is working very well.

There are also 2 inputs in the back...so you can record 4 tracks at the same time if you need to...What kind of problems are you having...? Mine seems to work fine with adobe audition...

Are you using a 64 bit OS?
Between Win7 being new, Studio One being new and an imperfect firmware upgrade on the Firebox, It is more like, what problems am I not having. smile I will whip it into shape eventually.

Joe
Roadie & Reviewer
GoodGearGuy.com