Topic: small recording devices.

I really need to know good information about all the, at this time, existing, SMALL "boxes, containg a lot of technical stuff.
Best examples are for me
BR-600 Digital Recorder with drumpatterns, in fact a device at maximum cost 500$. You have also the little Boss MICRO BR, with a four-track studio with four simultaneous playback tracks. I still don't know what the virual tracks are. Do you "chordians" have experience with this item? You can play guitar, even more than one, and probably erase things, add things, AND THERE IS A RYTHM SECTION ON BOARD, drums, bass, infact the only thing left is the singing part. As I read, it seems that this device, is one of the best, VERY small recording devices, it allows you too, to put YOUR song on a regular PC. DO YOU NEED SPECIAL SOFTWARE? and that song can be appear on sites like myspace and/or youtube, allowing people to judge. I like even NEGATIVE critics, as long as the critics are constructing. There many other devices like ZOOM H4 Handy Digital Recorder, as you can read I am looking more specific, for small devices, those you can take everywhere, in your pocket. This ZOOM has already a kind of recording "head", same question, similar with boss mr br, very "modest" products, very useful, as for beginners, as for more professionals, IS ADDITIONAL software requiered?.
I have 4 "effect" devices, a zoom, 4 pedals, or banks, since 10 years, still working super. I have a line 6 POD live floor, with a variation of amps, tones, but this was after months a mistake, the music store knew that I had a FENDER CYBERTWIN, best amp I ever saw, so using my line 6 here is stupid. I have bought once a Marshall Valvestate also 12 years ago, one of the first straight from the customs, in fact not for sale, because of a little (even not so) scratch on the amp, meaning not longer for sale, followed by a nice red boss vf-1, still for sale and having it already so long: means very good. The best buy for me, being a loner, was the Korg Toneworks Pandora device, you can use another model for acoustic playing. IT IS AMAZING WHAT THAT BOX CAN DO, SO SMALL, and yet SO GREAT. I even use it a lot playing electric on an acoustic marshall amp. For me this is one of the best devices, containg (limited, but enough) rythm, drum & bassloops, also opportunity to use it as "compagnon", to practise, following the rythm.
So:
- Is there anybody who knows these things, and how to use them properly, because I don't find my manual, like using it for recording. Same question for line 6, POD, is it containing drum and bass? Zoom I know what he can do, still sold after 10 years.
- Is there anybody who can tell me more about, NON EXPENSIVE, devices, Boss, Zoom, Edirol. I would be very freatful to hear what you think about is, before buying another "box"
Thanks for reading and understanding.
I do hope to find "an expert" here, who can inform me better.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: small recording devices.

Korg pandora's box (PX4D).

IT is my only effects box.
I have a portable 10" amp that I can plug it into but I LOVE my PX4D.
It does everything I need and more.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle