Topic: royalties

Starting a new day with a new topic.
I am convinced that now we are reaching the 100.000 members, there must be people who know a lot of royalties. When they speak of "royalties" we can start thinking by being ripped by the record company. But in fact all you hear is when GREAT and BIG groups (like John Fogerty and CCR) have problems, more with copywrights..
One sunny day: Michael Jackson, the new SANTA CLAUS, so concerned about kids ( HE HAS NEVER BEE A KID!!!!, so is he wrong: in his eyes NO damage done), acquiered for a very big amount of $$$$ the rights on the Beatles SONGS. Doe this mean tha "sir" Paul has to pay money to Michael to sing a song he wrote, does this also mean that when they play "yesterday" in the WALTON market, they pay money to Michael, and 0 zero zip to the beatles?

Can somebody give me a clue, on what base royalties are ASKED, about who get's WHAT.
You can give me the answers that "W. HOUSON, MARIAH CARREYH were paid a fortune to forfill a contract with a record companie. This is risky for all the concerned parties. You get 1.000.000.000$ to make 5 records in 5 years.
But take the example of Alanis Morissette, born in 1974, famous local in Canada, by playing theatre, even singing at big sports events. She had good looks, a good voice and was able to get a contract: 1,5$ on every sold record (seemed very high).
She has the worldrecord of having the most sold records for a "beginnersalbum).
NOW THE QUESTION: is there a fellow chordian who has experience with who gets what.
- performer: paid in $ from ???
- music or songwriter?
- arrangements?
I wanted to know more or less, how many $$$$ are earned, HAVING A STANDARD CONTRACT. Is the songwriter better paid than the lyric writer.
BEST WAY IS STARTING MAYBE WITH how much they earn on 100$, like 15% is than 15$.
I really hope to get answers on this topic, by seeing maybe different royalties, and of course THE MAKING AND RECORDING OF. A lot goes to the publisher, record company, "organic" things. I do know that printing CD's is not that expensive?Thank you all.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]