Topic: Where do I start?

I am trying to teach myself how to play the guitar.  The only thing I know how to do is play some chords off my guitar chart. Is there any suggestions that yall have for me to help me learn....is there any books that could help me or videos?  I want to take lessons this summer, but I will be to busy.  I love the guitar and it has always been my dream to be able to play decent. If you have any comments or suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks smile:)

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

Re: Where do I start?

Http://www.jamcenter.com

That site just changed my guitar life forever.
I will now solo instead of playing chords all the time.
This is the new beginning.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

hey! thanks for writing back! I love this site! I have learned so much!

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

4 (edited by SteveMc 2007-05-10 21:56:33)

Hi
I have only been playing 3 or 4 months now and i found this site a great help for lessons. A lot of it is free and he covers songs and tips for all levels of guitar player.

www.nextlevelguitar.com

hope this helps.

Try this site as well Green.  www.thenextlevelguitar.com/   

You have too pay to get the full benefit I reckon, BUT, there is tonnes of free stuff as well. smile

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

There's also this site that's been mentioned in this forum :

http://www.justinguitar.com

hey! Thank you all SO much for your help!