Topic: Samson C01UC USB condenser mic

I "won" one of these in an on-line auction.  It's got all the new in-the-box items, including some sort of software.  Any hints or suggestions on how to use it? 

I was figuring to just load the software, plug it in, and see what happens. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Samson C01UC USB condenser mic

I had a similar one and yup...that is all you really need to do. Mine was an MMX.. So now we'll be expecting some song posts?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Grrrrrrrrr.

The mic came with free software - Sonar LE.  However, it was an old version.  So Cakewalk was nice and gave me extreme discount on an upgrade to their new version for Windows 7.   The problem is that neither the old version nor the new version came with any instructions.  The new version is a download, so it's not like there's an opportunity to provide a manual, but still.  I tried to use it and it took me fifteen minutes to figure out how to turn the record thing on.  And while it's "on", it's not working.  I see the meter going in the mic channel, but no little wavido thingies are showing up in the recording area.  Also, it automatically turns on a click track, which is pretty cool, but another fifteen minutes and I have not figured out how to adjust the speed of the metronome on the click track or how to turn it off if I don't want it. 

So now I've had to pay $9 for the upgrade (a great price, but still a price), drive to Borders ($6 more bucks for gas for the round trip), and try to find a book on Sonar LE (probably $30) just to use my "free" software that comes with the mic.  Ain't that a kick in the shorts?

- Zurf

I repeat.  Grrrrrrr.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Why not just use Audacity or something else? Once you've loaded the drivers for the mic you should be able to choose it as the source in Audacity (or maybe in control panel of Windows)? I used my MMX in Audacity. I can't remember exactly how but it was painless I thought?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi Zurf, this may be a little late since you've already made the trip to get the manual but this link may be of some help. If you look under the "resource" tab there is a Handbook and an online forum for Sonar LE.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/SONAR/Page.aspx?ID=SRLE

Hope it helps...
Fatstrings

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

I also have that on m studio...

Do you know [url=http://www.weimaranerproblems.com/how-to-train-a-weimaraner/]how to train a weimaraner[/url]? If not i will give you [url=http://www.weimaranerproblems.com/weimaraner-training-tips/]weimaraner training tips[/url]