Topic: suggest a good INTERMEDIATE song

I would like to know what songs you play(ed) that represented a good chalenge without being impossible to play!

a song that can make a beginner/intermediate player grow has player and still have fun learning it...

any suggestions?

ps: im currently trying to master "under the bridge" and "hey joe"

Re: suggest a good INTERMEDIATE song

Hey....I found Cannonball by Damien rice quite challenging but by no way impossible. Got me up the fretboard a bit too, albeit with a capo

Hope it helps...Masterplan by Oasis is also good, brilliant song too!

The 4 songs on side 2 of Guns N Roses Lies ep.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

A few simple songs that both beginner (can learn) and intermediate players:

What's Going On?  - Four Non Blondes (A, Bm, D)

Wicked Games - Chris Isaak (Bm, E, A)

Enjoy!

batalheiro wrote:

I would like to know what songs you play(ed) that represented a good chalenge without being impossible to play!

a song that can make a beginner/intermediate player grow has player and still have fun learning it...

any suggestions?

ps: im currently trying to master "under the bridge" and "hey joe"

Try "if you could read my mind" by Gordon Lightfoot.  "G, Gadd9, F, B, Dm6" it's a bit challenging, but very nice

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

bigdjindustriez wrote:

Try "if you could read my mind" by Gordon Lightfoot.  "G, Gadd9, F, B, Dm6" it's a bit challenging, but very nice

Good choice, some songs can be easy to play but chalenge the right hand more then the left, assuming you are right handed. The finger picking for Canadian Railroad Trilogy, Don Quixote, also by Gordon Lightfoot. Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers and Holy Night are fun to practice arpegios. Another great song for the right hand is When I'm 64 by the Beatles and Blackbird.
Wish you Were Here by Pink Floyd has a good strumming pattern to master. Wow seems like so many great songs can really bring us to new heights!
Have Fun!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

For an intermediate level, I found that a lot of Dave Matthews Band songs make for great practice and are a ton of fun to play. There are countless riffs and chord progressions that are extremely satisfying. Also, it's a good chance to work on upbeat and aggressive strumming patterns.

Here's a few of my favorites (all great songs) :

Tripping Billies (good for practicing rhythm & strumming)
The Stone (good for flat / finger picking)
Dancing Nancies (good one to start)
#41 (the easiest in the bunch imo)

Try checking them out at : http://www.dmbtabs.com

Otherwise, here are some other suggestions:

My Friends  (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Hotel California (Eagles)
Jolene (Ray LaMontagne)
Layla (Eric Clapton)

J.