1 (edited by Endolas 2007-06-01 00:06:32)

Topic: "Would You Let Me Down"

I just found this site and was really impressed with all of the originals on here (Mike, I really like Stuck in a Tree).  So, I'll offer one of my own.  Edit: sort of a full song now...

Would You Let Me DownKevin Lewallen

Moderate bass stum 4/4

[D]Would you let me [A]down

[G]And stop this train at the [A]station

[D]The world is much too [A]round

[G]Besides there’s nothing to [A]see

[Bm]And I’m getting [F#m]tired

[Em] [A]

[G]Gray shoes [Bm]in the gray water

[D]It put me in a bad [A]mood

[G]Fake clues [Bm] of our existence

[D]How long did she [A]know

[D]Is this world on [A]fire

[G]And are you reading the fine [A]print

[D]Please go sit in the [A]corner

[G]And wait for the walls [A]around you

[Bm]To come crumbling [F#m]down

[Em] [A]

[D]I thought you wanted this [A]too

[D]It puts me in an old [A]mood

[D]The water’s pouring [A]in

[G]Straight to the heart of the [A]problem

[D]Take the next big [A]leap

[G]And go and close the [A]curtains

[Bm]Stay here to [F#m]die

[Em] [A]

[D]It put me in an old [A]mood

[G]Suffocate [Bm]death from a distance

[D]Will you ever come [A]home

[G]End of track [Bm] train is derailing

[D]How long can she [A]hold

[G]Gray shoes [Bm] on her front door step

[D]Will you ever come [A]home

Sweetie I’m [D]home

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Any suggestions welcome, of course.

Cheers

Re: "Would You Let Me Down"

This is pretty nice and I really like the Em and A at the end of the verses that tie into the next verse...you end it well too with the D. The lyrics seem to me to be calling for a much longer song - like you have more you wanted to say but couldn't fit it in....really good first posting though. Now wait for the push for you to record it. smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

You're right, I just kind of wanted to get something down.  Hopefully I can get creative again and fill it out.  I don't know how you all crank these out so fast!

Hello Endolas, and welcome to Chordie. I am very taken with this song, the chord sequence is great, I played it slow and fingerpicked the chords, it flows well. Like Jeff I feel that it should be a little longer, maybe a chorus would do the trick.

As Jeff indicated, cause he knows me well, it would be very nice to hear your recording of this song. However well, or bad, we perform it we will only know how you intended it to be by hearing your version. As you are new to the forum you may not know but my mission here is to persuade, cajole, bully or just wear down by persistence and get everyone to record their songs for us to hear. So far I have been very successfull although I am still working on Badeye, so be warned lol

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well thanks for even looking at it.  I sat down here at lunch and finally came up with some music for a chorus.  I'll write the words tonight and see what y'all think.

Okay, kinda figured out what to do with this.  Thanks for encouraging me to finish it.  My first song.

Well done - way to stick with it. Very interesting song here. I still like the Em A without lyrics at the end of the verses. Sounds very nice.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C