Topic: Songwriting, MORE CONCERNING ROYALTIES who is getting what

I am sure that there are chordians, who did record a song and put that song on the market.
A label is interessed and no "myspace" or "youtube", just like a few years ago.
The label gives you credit, and don't forget the small phrases, and YIPPIYAHOO, you get studiotime to make your first song.
I am, as gitaardocphil, the songwriter, and another member wrote the lyrics. You do have a hit, selling 2.000.000 copies.
I am very interessed in the way of splitting the money: you have the FOLLOWING FACTS.
- the writer of the tune/melody.
- you have someone who wrote the lyrics.
- your band is performing that song.
THE MANAGER: WHERE IS HE STANDING AND WHAT FUNCTION DOES HE HAVE HERE? BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT YOU GET THAT OFFER YOU DIDN'T HAVE ONE

The Label has also THE FOLLOWING FACTS.
- RECORDING THE SONG: thanks to them you were able to record the song, and recording in a professional studio is not cheap.
- the producer, unless one of your bandmembers produced it.
I hope someone out there knows more of splitting let's say 100$ between everybody, who participated in your song.
Who gets what, better is there a kind of key to pay everybody.
Like the singer who gets for instance 5%, the writer 5%.... Can someone help me with this topic?
Thank you all.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Songwriting, MORE CONCERNING ROYALTIES who is getting what

http://www.playahata.com/pages/papi/rec … ripoff.htm

http://archive.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/

Traditionally the manager is about gigs. He may help negotiate a record contract but unless there are clandestine payments he gets nothings from it. However a band with a hit record can tour far more.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Re: Songwriting, MORE CONCERNING ROYALTIES who is getting what

Thanks for the links. My humble opinion is that, if you are 1/ old enough  2/ smart enough, and having problems, the smarter u get by concluding and learning of mistakes you made.
In that case a manager is not needed. But they can achieve "maybe" more. You don't need to be an "educated man", and for some people, money gives a fantastic smell. How can somebody explain why so many good groups are ripped of by their surroundins, manager(s), and a lot of others. Even the Rolling Stones had their "financial bad" period, just because of their manager.
See the sex pistols, a guy named malcolm mc laren had a shop, and in fact he was very clever creating THE PERFECT punk group.
If you open the papers, some groups look or have a conduct, or name to score. Remember Nirvana, they were considered as sh**, and presented the same way. I can tell you a lot of this image, told me PERSONNALY by Dave Grohl, he even invited me at his place, but shame on me, I had token my holiday already, and if you are independent, no work, no money. But this was an unique opportunity. I still regret it. GROHL for instance was originally from a more upperclass family, mother professor, or lawyer, or was it the father. So decent people, NOT FITTING AT ALL IN THEIR IMAGE AND ATTITUDE.
I can write books about musicians.
Thanks
BTW where are you from?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]