Topic: Tanglewood

Im thinking about getting an $800 tanglewood. It seemed to be the best value and had a solid front and sides. It also had a pick-up. Any-one know anything about them that i should know before buying it?

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

Re: Tanglewood

Have you picked up this Tanglewood in the shop Altex? Tanglewood is a good basic brand but there are many models. Does the $800 guitar sound nice you you? Is it comfortable to play. If no then try out other brands in the same price zone. Don't buy without trying. Guitars are made of wood and it varies. Even within the same model you may find one guitar sounds great (well seasoned, smooth grained wood) whereas an identical guitar sounds dull (poorly seasoned, flawed wood). You can't see the difference you have to listen and feel.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Altex, cytania is absolutly right. I checked their website, and I found a tanglewoodforest. There are really beautiful guitars, for the better models, you always pay the price, but for an acoustic you have to make choices. It is a lot easier to buy an electric guitar, because even cheap electric guitars "can" sound good, using of course a lot of effects. That's why I always plug an electric in an acoustic amp.
But I saw a few tanglewoods, I have heard the name, but I don't know the fame. I also have the impression that they are not built in China, Indonesia or Korea, but still here.
I don't think you will regret your new guitar. We all have a certain budget in mind to spend when we buy a guitar, (but it happens a lot that you have a budget of 800$ in mind and that finally, you will spend 1000$), try to stay in your "budgetplan", because, before you know, you spend an incredible amount, buying guitars.
I have got a bad car crash back in September 2000, started again working, if you work for yourself: no work, no money, but I had to stop working, because of the pain becoming worse month by month. So I stopped finally in November 2004. I was and still am, very high insured, and receiving money from my job and insurance, were co-responsable for buying at least 7 guitars, very good and real collector guitars AND not to put them behind bars. But after stopping my job, I had a very bad "mental" period, I couldn't, and still can, not accept that this happened to me, and I try to make my problems a little bit easier, buying another "stash" of guitars. Well, I paid for the guitars, and my sins. Now I (try to) think before I do something. I did not notice that I was so greedy.
Good Luck

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Always try before you buy. The difference in what look like identical guitars is frightening. I recentely played 3 "identical" guitars in a store and was shocked at how different they sounded. I also tried a £400($800) Tanglewood and did not like it. This is, however my personal opinion and you may think differently. I aslo may have just got a bad one.

Try as many brands and models as you can, within your price range. You Will not regret taking your time over this.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Anything you should know before buying it? Only that they are, in my opinion, the best acoustics out there. My Tanglewood acoustic is my main player- I use it for EVERYTHING I play, versatile enough for slide tuning, and standard playing. I love it. (The only difficulty might be in fitting a strap, because I've discovered that my strap, after two years, can sometimes come out of the hole.

[url]www.freerice.com[/url]

Thanks for your advice. Yes I did play the guitar in the shop and it sounded really nice, it had a deep warm sound unlike the cheaper guitars which were obnoxiusly bright and tinny. While I was at the shop I did tune it into open d and played a bit of slide and it sounded good.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]