Topic: finding new chords for songs

hi admin,

well done on the forum.

How about a section for people like me reqesting chords that are not on chordie. I am looking for more stiff little fingers, Jake burns' solo stuff, the alarm and a lot more.

Been a member of chordie for....for.... for hmmmmm, a few years and seen it change and progress, getting better all the time.

credit to the webmaster and anyone else that has produced this web site as I need all the help I can get with chords,lol. especially the chords that are not basic ones and the wee diagram shows ye what it is. fantastic !!!!

hanx

KEn

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: finding new chords for songs

<font size="4"><font face="Arial"><font color="darkblue">I had a similar thought.  There are several songs I'd really like to play, but can't figure them out and with the current legal situation, most of my usual resources have disappeared.  This problem is complicated by the fact that my tastes run toward "strange" music.  Smile.  But I'm not particularly advanced and I'm sure many people here at Chordie could easily tell me the chords I'm missing, and I'd be willing to trade some of my own music for the favour.  (I have a large collection of classical and Spanish tablature)

My question:  Could there be a system, perhaps a bulletin-board sort of thing where individuals could (after searching for the already posted) list the songs of interest along with an email address and and exchange could be made from there?  I'm trying to think of a way to facilitate one-on-one exchange without opening Chordie to legal troubles. 

Is it a possibility?

Thank you,

Eva</font></font></font>

Re: finding new chords for songs

Hi Eva,

I am a it sceptical about the legal sides of this. As you point out, I can not host songs. I do not want to open a forum that explicitely encourages people to start song sharing networks.

I can however not stop people from using the private messaging function for this (when I get it to work. There are some error here at the moment).

I will also make it easier to add songs to the index (songs hosted other places).