Topic: Calling on the "Chordie Musical Network"

Ok boys and girls... I have a song that's in the songwriting forum and I thought it might be fun to see if anyone would like to have a shot at making it into something a little more exciting than just some strumming and singing.  It needs some lead guitar, some bass, and some dummmmmmms!  Anyone interested in messing around with this?  And um... how do we go about doing that?  Do I need an account somewhere online where I can share monster huge wav files?  I do not find myself to be a "great" guitar player, I generally have buzzing due to poor fretting and all that.  Of course someone needs to mess with the mix on this, or just totally re-record the sturmming!  LOL!  It probably needs to be completely re-recorded, I did the guitar and singing all on one track.  So, let me know what you think.  It's the song I wrote for my husband and I think a polished up more professional type sounding song would be really cool to give him for our anniversary in September, or if that's not doable, for his birthday in November!  smile  Thanks!

Chords, lyrics and now the basic recording can all be found within this thread:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 899#p97899

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Calling on the "Chordie Musical Network"

amy you might wish to consider converting those monster wav files to mp3's for a collaboration, Audacity is the perfect tool its free and quick there are a number of free online sites that can host files for download some are yousendit ,mediafire google talk I'm sure there are others so first decide which to use and which file converter works best then select musicians and producers,mixers from the Chordie list and email them and ask if there free to help smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Russell!  smile  Yes, I can convert them to mp3's, I was under the impression people preferred to work with .wav files.  Thank you for the ideas on websites to host the files.  I already have a google account, so I guess that will work!  I will look into that.  I figured I'd throw the idea out here to anyone that was interested in jumping in.  It looks like the lists were compiled a while ago (mostly), so I wasn't sure if everyone was still on board.  If I don't get any takers, I'll start scouring the lists and sending out some emails.  wink

Amy that's the best way to start decide what instruments you want on the song first, I have done a number of collaborations with several members it starts with emailing someone from the list and asking if they would be willing to work on this and once you have all the musicians selected you will need someone to produce and mix the project which you will oversee to insure it comes out the way you like it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Just wanted to update anyone that might be looking around and find this thread... the project has almost been completed!  Thank you to those who contacted me, and to those who agreed to work on this!  I will update in the songwriting section under my original song post when it's available to be heard online!  smile  This should be available by Wed or Thurs next week!